So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah and ive shared a joint with Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)with Nirvana at the time and had the one and only Kurt Corbain yell at us cos he was chucking one his tanties.We snuck into a venue where they were doing a sound check,Dave was real cool and let us stay,but Kurt was being his usual big diva....

One of my best mates is the grandson of Alan Davidson, i have met lots of celebritys but my favorite would have to be seeing Miranda Kerr at a snazzy restaurant in Bronti!! DAMN

I had Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue spit fake blood on me...I'm still not sure if it was a good thing or not. I met his bass tech, he was really nice. I also have met Vince Colosimo, hes a tool

hahahaha that reminds me of a funny story schankeygirl, my brother was on his way to Jakaarta by himself ( it must have looked pretty suspicious, because he was just 18 and on his own traveling to a south east asain county) but he got stopped for a random check, and he was taking into one of those rooms, he asked the security guard " so wheres vince?' and the guy pretty much fell about laughing

My claim to fame to rival Weezers - I watched a mate of mine get punched by Wendel Sailor, get up and punch him back outside the Paddo Tavern... ahh those were the days... back when Wendells head was bigger than his (Q: a donkey is also known as an a...)

Oh no i got a better one: drank beer with James Blundell and his 'mate' in the old bar overlooking the field at the rugby at the Gabba... think its gone now. Gees we belted out some classic tunes that day...:)

Last edited:
hehe my claim to fame is that I went to school with Nathan and Ian Hindmarsh's dad, Billy. And went to school with the mother of the drummer from Silverchair...heheehe she wouldn't know me from adam lol
Garth has quite a well known artist brother in the arty farty circles, unless you are in those circles you would never have heard of him. He lives in New York and his name is David Rankin, his wife is writer Lily Brett.

ummm... my uncle was mates with bon scott. and bon gave my mum a little gold ring.. back before they really got big.. apparently my uncle once got drunk with him, and they passed out in a hotel carpark, arms around each other, at 9am, and stayed there til about 3pm, when the hotel manager came out n threw a bucket of water over them lol. n they staggered up, all sunburnt n stuff.. six months later bon died.. was all a bit before my time tho :)

my claim to fame is Ben Lee (singer) is my cousin. also have met Ivan Milat, use to go away camping and four wheel driving with his brother many years ago

I went to the same highschool as Adam Gilchrist but 2 years behind him, he once cornered me in a stairwell and hit me in the shins with a cricket bat because I ran off with his cricket ball in the middle of a lunch time game on the oval. He was really snakey about his games getting interupted. Also his wife's dad was my metal work teacher at the school.

My dad got smashed playing junior footy against Johnny the Raper (lucky thats all he did to my dad)

Haha... my uncle owned the Town and Country pub that Slim Dusty sang about. "I love to have a beer with Terry...". Best of all, I got to surf a qualifying heat in a small Sunny Coast comp against Joel Parkinson. I'd like to say I won...

I belong to a forum where a guy once surfed a qualifying heat against Joel Parkinson

Ive met a few b grade celebs in the past, once had a drink with kylie, and i know a guy who has a bullet wound accross his face from the cafe at port arthur, scary

My wife's grandfather was Captain Ben Buckler who led the 41 troops through the Kokoda Track and my great, great Uncle was Johnny Weissmuller....the original tarzan (I think he was originally known best for his Olympic swimming efforts) :lol: :p Quite interesting relatives I think :D

I used to do Lee Harding's (aussie idol) mums nails and he would occasionally come in and say hi.
(I had no idea who he was in the beginning:oops::oops:)

My brother in law won one of the first australian reality tv shows called 48 hours (3 contestants have 48 hours to get home from the top of empire state building with $200 and a bunch of check points on the way). I was in his parents lounge room when he arrived home. (yay, NOT)

Oh and i lived next door to Matt Corby (the guy who came second in Aussie idol not two long ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back