First 100% Het for albino carpets of season Hatching!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This year our albino Carpets will be produced from Het to Het matings so we should have 25% "white" hatchoes , 50% hets and 25% normals. I was looking at selling 1 white hatchoe and 3 possible hets as a package to give others a chance at breeding their own albinos a little cheaper. What do you think? By the way I am no longer with Snake Ranch although still have most of therir genetics and more.

This year our albino Carpets will be produced from Het to Het matings so we should have 25% "white" hatchoes , 50% hets and 25% normals. I was looking at selling 1 white hatchoe and 3 possible hets as a package to give others a chance at breeding their own albinos a little cheaper. What do you think? By the way I am no longer with Snake Ranch although still have most of therir genetics and more.

I guess as you set the price already for 100% het then your possible hets should be close to normal darwin price.Your one white hatchoe scenario may be ok as long as the white one is a male.

The chance of a possible het being a het is 2 in 3 or 66%. I dont follow the Ramsayi logic of them being the same price as normals.

wokka,
Snake ranch on the 20/20 deal had pairs of 100% het for $1280/pair? Based on that your 66% possibles should be substantially cheaper which shouldnt make them a hell of a lot dearer than normals.Eg: 66% at two thirds the price of 100% would make them $850/pair give or take based on the prices you set at the ranch.

Snake Ranch is selling snakes which dont even exist at the moment so you would expect them to be cheap. They have chosen to jump in and sign up all the buyers early. Its a gamble , but I believe the demand and subsequent price for animals ,which you can see and touch, will be higher as is indicated by the speed with which the Snake Ranch offer was taken up. You may even find those buyers are back out looking, if Snake Ranch has underestimated its future sucess.

I think you will find that snake ranch is trying to control the market & as mentioned is probably selling animals they havent even got, how many people out there have actualy got 100% hets at $1200 pair?
$2500 for a pair of 100% hets is a great price, compare that to albino olive prices!

Snake Ranch is selling snakes which dont even exist at the moment so you would expect them to be cheap. They have chosen to jump in and sign up all the buyers early. Its a gamble , but I believe the demand and subsequent price for animals ,which you can see and touch, will be higher as is indicated by the speed with which the Snake Ranch offer was taken up. You may even find those buyers are back out looking, if Snake Ranch has underestimated its future sucess.

Not a happy camper hey:lol:.

I highly doubt that any one will be willing to pay more then about $500 a pair for 66% hets, this season.

I dont think anyone will be to keen on paying more then $2000 a pair for 100% hets, there are to many people selling them for the $1000 mark anyway.

With the amount of 100% hets being bred this year, one could only imagine what price they will sell for, next season.

I would rather advertise them cheap , and sell them all before the price falls out to the same price as what we pay for normals now.

Thats why we then keep them if they cant sell. Wait and see how many is around before you start telling people how the market will drop. The same happens every year with gtps and there are just none around. Sell them cheap and sell them quickly so just every one can breed them? Howdoes that logic work. Supply and demand the more there are the less the demand, the less there are the more of a demand.

I dont see why the 66%ers will fetch the same as normals, doesnt make any logical sense at all. With normals selling anywhere from $250 -$350 each for quality captive bred, I see many people paying a couple hundred dollars more a pair to give themselves a shot at making some Albinos down the track.

As for 100%ers, we shall see I guess. Price falls too low, Im sure most breeders will sell off their hatchling Albinos and keep a lot of hets and breed from them down the track. If you take emotion out of it and do some simple math, I think you will find that hets are a better gamble in the long run at the prices some are speculating.

As for the snake ranch prices, I highly doubt they will have a big impact on prices overall. I dont think they will breed enough to do so. For example, next year I could sell some really top looking jungles for $50 each, with the thousands upon thousands of them out there(actually probably more like 10s of thousands),I would do absolutely nothing to the market price with the couple clutches I could offer. People will still be charging anywhere from $300 to $1000 each.

We can all speculate as much as we want I guess but the market will ultimately decide.

My advice to anyone buying 100% hets for any less than a grand each is do a serious credibility check on the person you are buying them from. People are far too quick to trust when it comes to reptiles over the internet and i have heard of people taking advantage of that trust with supposed hets last season. Het albino darwins have no visual signs of their genetics so even if you pay top $$ for them make sure you can trust your supplier.

This is not a dig at anyone who has contirbuted to this thread.

I agree waruikazi, let the buyer beware. As the trait is not visual many people may be talked into buying so called 100% hets when in fact could be normal lines, or 66%.
A gamble if you don't know the breeder

There would be more risk buying 66% hets IMO. As soon as someone crosses a supposed 100% het with an albino and no albino's are produced, the original sellers name would get run down pretty quick, so it would be a big risk trying to sell normals as 100% hets.

But if selling 66% hets as normal it would be just about impossible unless you bought in large numbers to prove the seller was dodgy.

I agree. Many a dodgy character out there these days. Although these snakes are a hybrid, i know what to look out for in a cross between the 2 species now. They are huge, probably double the size of hatchling Darwins. Their pattern and colour suggest Jungle through and through. I have year olds now and I have never seen the yellows of them in any local strain of normal jungles. I guess thats what you get with hybrid vigour. These snakes also have a very strong head pattern. The hatchlings of this season on the other hand has a more darwin like head pattern. Just thought you guys might find this interesting.

het albino

Just wondering if someone can pm me with some info about het albino Darwins and there opinion on and how to breed them.I am considering getting a pair but don't know about them and am trying to find out some info_Or would it be better to get a pair of albino Darwins and if so what is a realistic price to pay for a pair of albino Darwins.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Col,

Darwins are one of the easiest pythons to breed. They are no different to breeding coastal carpets. They are the absolute most basic morph to keep in Australia. GTP's and Albino olives are hard to breed consistantly, hence the reason why the prices are where they are.

If you wanted to breed one of the more desireable morphs the white darwins are the way to go .

A realistic price for a pair of albino darwins would be around the 9 - 10 K mark this season, and 100% hets around 2 K per pair.

Gtps have been around the longest of the three but still fetch approx 9 - 10 K per pair.

And last of all the albino olives, these are proving the hardest to breed and no one is having cosistant success with them. Fair dollars for these would be around 18 - 20 K per pair, and around 5-7 k for a pair of 100% hets.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Thanks Nick I have pm you and your webite i awesome.
I will be in contact

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back