Can o Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good rescue Baz. The farmer also deserves some kudos for his efforts also. Looks like that poor snake would have been a goner if it wasn't for a bit of a team effort :D Good stuff!

ditto on moosenoose's remarks! Thanx for sharing Bazz! Great photos guys!! :D

Another job well done baz good on ya mate and glad to see some of the cow cockies are getting their acts together.
Odie

Such a pretty snake! Thanks again to Baz for allowing me to tag along!

I was very impressed with the farmer and his families renewed attitude to snakes around their property. He was adamant that the reduced population of rodents (which was harmful to his food crops) was directly linked to leaving the snakes live in harmony and do their job in controlling rodents, and had seen first hand what happen when this balancing act is tampered with.

I hope good karma is alive and well and attitude displayed by this family is contagious when it comes to these animals.

Great photos, and beautiful snake :) A very good story!

I remember a very similar photo a couple of years ago in our local paper, but unfortunately the taker of the photos couldn't give a rats about the snake and had simply taken the pics and left the snake to it's fate trapped in a drink can. Got his name in the paper though which seemed to treat it as a bit of a joke.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Baxtor, i remember seeing something like that in a paper or on
the news years ago to.

Ash, there was no damage to the snake at all.

Luckily the copperheads have the band around their necks so
i knew when the head was close to emerging from the can
and managed to neck the little bugger before he came out .

great photos would of been a great story for the media especially that agriculture show landline [if it still airs] or similar farmer programming

that poor snake!! just an adorable snake.....how is its neck??!!! is it okay??? o well i hope it is anyways all the best with the poor thing. <3sarah

What a wonderful story, it's good to hear of a farmer who's learnt that he can live in harmony with snakes and values their role.

Great photos everyone (I wish I could take pics like that).

Congratulations on a job well done.

hehehe awesome story...well done good on you and all that everyone has already said, and ditto dame about the photos, your daughter takes a good shot snakeman.

snakeman, since you are fairly local to me i just wondered what area this farm was in??

and i still cannot stop laughing every time i think about the farmer having his attention drawn to 'a jim beam can bouncing around the paddock' hahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :D :D :D

Last edited:
Sassy, the farm is in Somerville at the end of Eramosa Rd. Somervile has mainly cpperheads and is one of my most frquent destinations.
Last year i got four copperheads from one property in the space of 30 minutes...and this was in the "built up" residential area.

snakeman funny that, i am not 5 mins from somerville, my brother lives there, but i have only seen one adult copper around here.
Found a snake skin the other week, but was not from a large sized animal.

My family claims to have seen many tiger snakes last year, but im not too sure if i trust their ID skills hehe my step father swears black and blue he has seen green ones, but i honestly think he is colour blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back