Aluminium framed sliding glass windows for enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys,

I have a deep hatred for plastic tracking, so I am looking to put some aluminium framed sliding glass windows into my enclosures. What I am after is the following -

White aluminium framing
4-5mm glass thickness
Lockable
BOTH panels slide
Moulding width kept to a minimum (under 50mm if possible).

My old man has mates at G.James and they quoted us $370 per 4x2x2 enclosure for the above. It is about 1/3rd of this price if I want only 1 panel to slide. Does anyone know of somewhere who can supply us with the above at a reasonable rate? I don't mind if it's interstate as the amount we are buying will justify freight.

Cheers

you could go to glass glazing place orsecond hand building material place
build your own from new parts buy the materials
its really easy to work with

Hi Jonno I am after the same stuff. I've been told to contact Alcan who should stock it or at least know where to get it but I havn't had a chance to give them a call yet.

Hazzard, they don't slide, do they? They lift in and out? If they slide, I am interested, but I can't see how they would.

Cheers

When you come to your senses and turn to the dark side let me know. I'll do you a good price.......Or maybe trade for a certain Hypo........;)

You could try a bathroom/shower supplier. I know they have offcuts but i think only the larger companies sell them.

Hazzard, they don't slide, do they? They lift in and out? If they slide, I am interested, but I can't see how they would.

Cheers

Hi Jonno,

They slide as far as the fixed peice of panel you can see in the picture. The is a great reason fo this. When you put aliminium sliders in (which i have done) you have a deep internal track inside the enclosure. All i can say is good luck and i hope you have a supply of toothbrushes, not to mention it adheres to all the brush type material you get in the bottom of aliminium sliders.

This system has no internal track so the can't defecate in it. You can open the window far enough to change a water bowl etc and in a lot of instances to grab and remove the animal.

As for lifting out the sash. In a 4ft window the sash will be about 3ft and my Grandma can lift it out. I can thoroughly disinfect a bank of enclosures with F10 in 10 mins.

Granted in 6ft cages the sash is a bit more awkward, but in this case you can have a centre peice put in and have 2 lift out sashes.

You will be sorry if you have deep internal aliminum track, mark my words!

These were specifically designed for reptiles and you wont get anyone to make them for near this price. They are used by some very large breeders.

Oh they also have a vent fitted to the lift out sash!

Up to you of course

Dont know if its what your after..but...... my friend recently bought a tank with glass security door installed...was for a scrub python
the bloke got all his material from a second hand building supplies business......... most get surplus stock in new at incredible prices...so if you want to do the work yourself!
anyway the door was approx 5ft long & 3 ft high ...$80-

G'day hazzard,

The system sounds good for keeping pythons, but the majority of my collection is elapids. Back to the drawing board apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back