best thing to put on a turtles wound??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruizer22

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the best thing to put on a wound on a turtles food. It looks like he has been biten at while eating. The skin is loose near his claws.

It is a Krefft turtle only 2 months old

Any suggestions??

Thanks

try some betadine and let it dry for a while. Depends on how bad the wound is but. If it only minor betadine would be OK.

There is no blood, it looks like he has scrapped his skin and there is like a flap of skin, i have taken him out of the tank today to let it dry, it look ok when it is not wet, when it is wet it looks lighter than the other skin and has that soggy skin look if you know what i mean???

yeah you could probably dry dock him twice daily and put some betadine on let it dry and then put him back. though it'll probably be fine. as long as your tank water isn't overly dirty. its hard to say without seeing ti though.

cheers
H

Hi,

Tank gets cleaned every week. PH levels are perfcect, water is perfect, temperature is 25c.

Is human betadine fine to use on him???

yep it is fine. just get the turtle out let him dry in an empty tank or container and then apply betadine to the area and just let it sit for a while before allowing him back into the tank to eat and rehydrate. this is a good time to chuck a uv light over him to so he gets lots of basking time and the uv helps kill bacteria.

Would a mix of beeswax & betadine..(tincture of benzoin) help....
once you have applied betadine.. soften some beeswax to cover the wound....will let it heal without getting it wet...once it has healed,wax will fall off
i have used this on other animals...should work on turtles?

It could also be fungal.In that case Betadine wont work. Any pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back