Valentines day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank u! :D

Yeah I'm only stirring :p If people don't want to celebrate Valentines, that's fine. It's nice to do sweet things for your partner year-round, true, but I still love Valentines. I just think it's kinda fun to have a whole day of being spoilt. And I don't get flowers on any other day of the year, so for that reason alone I always look forward to Feb 14! :)

I think you need to drop some hints about being surprised with flowers on other days! Even if they're hand picked out of someone's garden!! ;)

My other half is away for V day this year. First year ever. So I am going to go out and but myself a very nice new bright sparkly piece of jewellery.......Dont know what yet but Ill find something.

I almost forgot although I can go without on Valentine's Day... the next guy I hook up with long term is going to be someone who spoils me with herps on my birthday! :lol:

you really don't want to mistype the fourth word from the end of that statement! :lol:

I like having the excuse to buy someone a present. I also buy presents 'just because' on other days of the year.

I doubt people who buy presents for their partners on valentines day just do it one day a year... so your opinions on valentines day being stupid "because you shouldn't just use one day a year to show your love" is silly.

People seem to think valentines day is about the presents... Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought it was about exchanging love letters or something back in the day....

Yes it has been commercialized but that doesn't mean you have to buy into that. Make your own cards, show them love in your own way.

Valentines day is just fun way to celebrate your love even more.

Silly people thinking their love is too good for valentines day. It's funny how something about celebrating love gets a lot of hate.

I drew my boyfriend a picture of the two of us together and this afternoon i'm going to frame it. I'll take pictures later.

My boyfriend got a tattoo of my face....not really but he did get a tattoo for me yay :D

lol i was guna say... that would b regretful tattoo HAHAHAHA

Simpsons quote:

Burns: I want you to show this woman the time of her life.
Homer: Gotcha.Marge, we're getting some drive-thru, then we're doing it twice!

:) :) :)

Colin said:
Happy Birthday for the 15th too :D

Thank u!

I think you need to drop some hints about being surprised with flowers on other days! Even if they're hand picked out of someone's garden!! ;)

Hehe... that's so true :) I'd love flowers some other time of the year than Valentines. My mum usually sends me a bunch on my b'day... does that count?! :p Everyone at work gets mucho-jealous, lol, 'cos I get flowers on Valentines and then flowers the next day on my b'day too! :D

February is my favourite month of the year, hehehe....

Gosh, so many people worrying about what to "get" their partner for VDay...

Ive usually found that if you cant think immediately of a perfect 'gift', then go do something with each other instead! I don't just mean go out for dinner/movie (or sit in the local shopping center watching all the sickly cute little school kids prance around squealing and showing off what their "boy friend" got for them... especially those horrible balloons that have I WUV U written all over them... although that is lots of fun to laugh at).. Ahem.. Do something fun and unique! Go horse riding, bush walking, pack a picnic... Or just dress yourself up (guys- you Are included in that) and show that youve made an effort!

One Vday, an ex (pay that detail no mind) came over while I was out, put a trail of roses to my room where he waited for me. So when I came home, there he was with a huge bunch of roses, dinner organised, and tickets to CATS. Wicked.

As for this year... if youre still stuck of what to get your BF etc... well this year I used my minor drawing skills to create something. Time and Effort are always appreciated... And if they arent? Well dude, they aint in love ;) In which case, I suggest you go set yourself up in the nearest shopping center and have a good laugh :D

Even if they're hand picked out of someone's garden!! ;)

i think it's more romantic to risk the old lady next door chasing him off the property than to buy an ambiguous handful of flowers. when he shows up covered in thorns and dirt you'll know the trouble he went to just for you.

I will be away from my partner on Valentine's Day for the first time in 6 years together tomorrow :(

Every year I have surprised her with something...from scattered rose petals at a picnic in the park and little 'treasure hunts' to massages and bubble bath with candles and petals, etc and we always have Honey King Prawns every year for dinner, except this year :(

Might have to make do with a bunch of flowers, a teddy and a kiss before I leave in the morning...

Tirilia - exactly right!

Leigh - I have to agree, that is more romantic and way better than a store bought bunch of flowers any day!

Nightowl - that's sad, hope you manage to do something special for each other anyway... besides think of next year, double the celebration to make up for it. That or postpone it til you're back and surprise her! :D

I have just started a new relationship with someone who means alot to me and we are doing the long distance thing.. (sucks) so we wont see each other on Valentines Day. We had our Valentines on the 11th instead and he made me the most beautiful present. He made me a photo frame in the shape of a heart that is collaged with photos of me, me and him and me with friends and family, which also has a photo frame on it which has a photo of me and him in it and on the other side he wrote "You are beautiful. Beautiful in mind, beautiful in body, beautiful in heart. I love you with all my heart. Here is to a beautiful friendship, a beautiful life and a beautiful person. I am yours" Needless to say i cried (which doesnt happen often). Took him about 3 weeks to make :)

And a good recipe for mango is mango mousse. Tastes sooo good!!

I have just started a new relationship with someone who means alot to me and we are doing the long distance thing.. (sucks) so we wont see each other on Valentines Day. We had our Valentines on the 11th instead and he made me the most beautiful present. He made me a photo frame in the shape of a heart that is collaged with photos of me, me and him and me with friends and family, which also has a photo frame on it which has a photo of me and him in it and on the other side he wrote "You are beautiful. Beautiful in mind, beautiful in body, beautiful in heart. I love you with all my heart. Here is to a beautiful friendship, a beautiful life and a beautiful person. I am yours" Needless to say i cried (which doesnt happen often). Took him about 3 weeks to make :)

Sounds like he really is special! What a wonderful gift Niomi! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back