Geocaching.....?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete12

Reaction score
Hey guys today my friend and i went down to the bush looking for herps we found this old V-dub that had fallen down the hill and was rusted out we though hmmmmm warm metal=reptiles.we were searching through it when i found an old WW2 Ammo box i was like !%&^ somebody's hidden some drugs or something here we hauled it out of the rusted car and opened it it was full of bit's and pieces like little toys and stuff like that. There was a laminated pice of paper in there i read it apparently it's called a geocach it's like a treasure hunt using GPS and when u find it you put someting in the box/container and take something back that interests you here is the website www.geocaching.com it's really cool we looked up others around our area and were gonna steal my friends mum's GPS and go find some more They also have a little notebook in them to record when u visited we looked right through to the start of ours and the first note was in 06.

i just though i would share that with you guys and another thing is that there are over 600,000 of these scattered all over the world.

P.S we didn't find any Herps :( lol

Geocaching is lots of fun! Some of the caches even have disposable cameras in them so everyone who finds it takes a pic of themselves and leaves it in the box, once it's full someone has it developed and posts the photo's on the website.

Hey guys today my friend and i went down to the bush looking for herps we found this old V-dub that had fallen down the hill and was rusted out we though hmmmmm warm metal=reptiles.we were searching through it when i found an old WW2 Ammo box i was like !%&^ somebody's hidden some drugs or something here we hauled it out of the rusted car and opened it it was full of bit's and pieces like little toys and stuff like that. There was a laminated pice of paper in there i read it apparently it's called a geocach it's like a treasure hunt using GPS and when u find it you put someting in the box/container and take something back that interests you here is the website www.geocaching.com it's really cool we looked up others around our area and were gonna steal my friends mum's GPS and go find some more They also have a little notebook in them to record when u visited we looked right through to the start of ours and the first note was in 06.

i just though i would share that with you guys and another thing is that there are over 600,000 of these scattered all over the world.

P.S we didn't find any Herps :( lol

its the same with secret societys or what ever u call them like little groups when they go somewhere they take something and they put the thing they took from the last place in its place lol its pretty funny and interesting in a wierd way lol

Personally I think you were silly to open a WW2 ammo box sitting in a rusted car in the middle of the bush! God knows what could have been in it. But I guess I probably would have done the same thing at 14. :)

yea it is pretty cool i got disappointed when we only found a bunch of toys and stuff lol :D

We found a box like that near here in a cave last summer. We went to the Lake for a swim and the dogs went for a wander. Naturally the kids followed & found a tiny cave. It was great reading the book. Some of the entries were from people as far away as WA! We did our part, took a plastic spoon out & replaced it with a souvenir pen from the local Community Centre. I wonder where that pen is now, lol?

Wow this is cool. I noticed there's some nearby my place. I'll have to go for a hunt one of these days. The nearest one is called "Always Xmas".

I've found a couple (by accident). I keep meaning to go geocaching with my GPS, but if I get the drive to go out and about there always seems to be something else more pressing to do. Pretty cool game to play :)

if i was you i would have put all the junk in a new box and taken the ammo box.
i have a WWII ammo crate.
got it for my birthday.
it's quite amazing.
that sounds like heaps of fun, but it'd be like the scouts and anyone who joined would be ridiculed lol.

sounds great looked up the site quite a few near where i live so going to take the kids out for a look during the rest of the holidays hopefully they enjoy it .couldn't beleive it we walk past one everyday

Sounds pretty cool, i remember a thread years ago about some people who used to travel the drainage system of melbourne, now they were fun times, except flash flooding lol.

Wow, I have never heard of this before. What a fun idea. I'm sooo going to give this a go. Thanks for sharing! :D

I Hope you put it back! Nothing worse then you damn Muggels ruining our Geocaches! Geocaching is a brilliant way to get out and about and discovre all the secret beautiful places other explores have found. I combine Herping and Geocaching and have never had a dull exploring day yet. If you have any Geoquestions inbox me. I've tracked over 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back