Help, breathing is audible, squeeky!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica_lee

Reaction score
Searched breathing, noise, squeek, wheeze and couldnt find my specifc problem.

I picked up My coastal carpet severus (bout nine mths old) and every say thirty seconds he makes a weird breathing noise, almost like a squeeky expultion of air.
I'm really worried, his enclosure is clean and substrate changed reguarly.
Should i be so worried?

It is not uncommon for them to wheeze prior to shedding. Is it due to shed?

yes he could shed anyday now, very very dull and eyes clearly pre-shed. i hope this is the case.

Pretty sure it has something to do with the shed skin obstructing the nostril a bit he will be fine Jess.
Ally

oh i feel like a tool, but very relieved. thanks guys. i was panicking. I was seconds form putting him out of his misery (jokes).

Could also be him just saying he is not happy about being handled. some of my morelia's do it.

he shed on thursday.

squeeking is no more.
thanks for your replies, before i got my snakes i read heaps and RI seemed really common and worrying, i thought i mustve been the only person who has a snake in their natural locale to and give it an ailment.

hello, im happy it was only the shedding thing, belive me i know what u are feeling(or were). My snake is doing the same, she is also for shed, she is a little jungle 9 months aswell, but mine does that ound sometimes when she was not or shed, ver low sound, but i hope its the shed also, otherwise i have o start worrying.:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back