Friend bitten by viper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSnake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i have a friend in Nepal who is a keen herper.
I'd thought I'd share with you his latest E-mail he sent me.
Note that he is from Nepal and English is not his first language.

Hello Shwan,I have got loads to share with you people...Few days ago I had been to Gorkha. A German there had told a person of ourorganization that there was a snake ( he told a viper but he wasn't quitesure) residing there for a week. The person requested me to go there withhim. In our oraganisation we are collecting some species of snake inCaptivity so as to make it a kind of Educational Park .I wasn't sure what todo. I had college that day. I had not ever listened abt a snake residing ina same place for such a long day and I thought it might not be a viper too.Thinking I will visit that place also I went with that person directly fromcollege. We reached there It was almost evening. We met that German thereand he took us to that place.When we reached there I saw the snake and I was in wonder. I was a almostadult sized white lipped pit viper. I tried to catch it and put it in thesack. I did that also but when I was arranging the sack it caught me fromthe inside the sack in my left wrist. I suddenly applied some First aidmesaures. The Gerrman carreid me to the way to hospital. We then reached tohospital. By that time the other person had put the snakes in a wooden box.I was adimitted to the hospital the same night. My hand started swelling.Then again another problem occured. The manager of the hospital contactedthe police station and told that some patient here had bought a snke in awooden box. Immediately the police came and began to inquiry us. We told ourpurpose to take the snake. They took the snake to station. Next morning wewent to the station. Then the police told that they had called some perspnsfrom forest department, they will handle this case. We were really introuble. Again we had to go to forest department. By that time the swellingin my hand was getting up to my soulder. In Forest Department they asked forthe papers of our organization as proof. But to my great surprise ourorganization was not registered for that purpose and till now it is not. Icalled my uncle who lived nearby and managed to get out. The next personalso managed to get out of the trouble with the snake. Again I was admittedto the hospital. I was mainly given anti-biotics to reduce the swelling.Still the snake in hidden in Mr. Pandey's room. I don't know whats taking solong to register the organization. Now I am completly well.Amod
view.html
view.html

Sorry about the pic size, had problems up loading file type.
best I could do.

Poor guy. Glad he's better now. Hope all goes well with his organisation thingy that he was talking about.

Damn it.. Stupid computer.

I might try to re-do the thread, or just the pics. Could paint the images over one of our photo files.
Will take a lil while tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back