Breeding Dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaotic

Reaction score
Evening everyone,
Sorry if this post is in the wrong section. I have a beautiful purebred male shar-pei, Chuck whom lives at my parents house. Me and my partner have decided we want to get another dog, but we want a pup from Chuck. Does anyone know how I go about finding a quality purebred bitch for him to bred with? I live in south east QLD, and am willing to travel. I understand that payment for using your dog as a stud generally is the cost of one pup or pup of choice. Is this correct? I have no idea how to go about this, where to find information, how to find a bitch and so forth. If anyone could give me information it would be greatly apprectiated.
Del

Ok. Your chances of finding a quality pedigree bitch to breed him to are slim to none. Ethical registered breeders put a lot of effort into breeding a litter - researching pedigrees, health testing their breeding stock etc. They won't breed their bitch to an unpapered male.

You may find someone with an unpapered bitch wanting to breed a litter, but it's not advisable. Shar Pei are prone to several health complaints, and with no genetic history for either parent the resulting litter would be pot luck really.

Have you thought about buying a puppy from a breeder :)

If you had a bitch it would be possible upon agreement to use a registered breeders stud dog for a fee but considering you have a male that's a different story.

Breeders usually breed with other show dogs that are champions or grand champions or obviously dogs that have potential in their own or other registered breeders kennel. The dog also must be on a main register (which they usually are with registered breeders). I would say your chances are VERY slim in finding a good one IF ANY that is.

Some ppl on this site are pathetic, if only all were as perfect as you!!!!!
No wonder ppl stop posting on this site.

Omg... some of the posts i have read today..ud think this was a bitching forum and not a reptile forum!

What does purebred have to do with it ?.

Well I suppose pure dogs usually sell for more and although this isn't always true to form, are less likely to end up with RSPCA. Just be glad this isn't a thread about a surprise box of puppies of kittens that the owner found in their cupboard and thought all along their pet was just getting fat. THAT'S sometimes to whinge about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back