Enclosure Update

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of months ago I bought one of those reptile radiator / heat panel things from the Herp Shop, I had actually forgotten about it until a couple of weeks ago - I only had some spare time to start installing it last week.

Because my female Stimson Python's enclosure was getting a little worn out, mainly the sealant had started to lift up etc, so I decided to remove all the sealant and then take apart the whole enclosure to be able to install the reptile radiator without cutting wires or anything like that.

After seeing a few people deciding to install shelves under the heat source for their reptiles, I decided that I'd give it a go and see how it turned out. I basically cut a 30cm x 30xm melamine sheet and have attached that has a shelf about 20cm (roughly) under the heat source.

Here are a couple of pictures with the reptile radiator installed:

100_0046.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0044.jpg

P.S - The shelf is level, I just had the camera on a angle.

I need to finish installing the thermostat and thermometer, In the picture the thermometer probes are just sitting on the shelf until I have a rough idea to where I want to place it, I shall be figuring that out shortly.

Has anyone else bought / installed the Herp Shop reptile radiators? If so, do you have any feed back for them or pictures of your installment?

As per usual, comments are always welcome.

Cheers,

Chris

yeh i have one in my beardie enclosure it's awsome did u remember to let it run for 24 to 48 hours before you put the snake in.
it does smell a bit at first but they say it's not toxic i just didn't want to take a chance
i have mine running on a pulse thermostat and it is perfect.

yeh i have one in my beardie enclosure it's awsome did u remember to let it run for 24 to 48 hours before you but the snake in.
it does smell a bit at first but they say it's not toxic i just didn't want to take a chance
i have mine running on a pulse thermostat and it is perfect.

Hey, Yeah I let it run for 48 hours first - It helped to set the sealant too, the enclosure doesn't smell at all now =)

Yeah, I wa slooking at buying one of those, it looks like a really good idea from the HerpShop.
Your stimmo will appreciate your efforts on rebuilding it's enclosure:)

I like the fact that it can be tucked away, so you can't see the heat source unless you look up

How much are they? Easy to install? how long do they last? Can they be used with a switchng thermostat?

how much they are $140 from the herp shop.

easy to install for a lizard u don't need a cover at all just use the 4 screws included and ur done.
for a snake u should use the cover and that costs....$35 each i think u just screw them in as well.

switching thermostat?? it's recommended that u use a pulse or a dimming thermostat.but u can use a switching thermostat.

How much are they? Easy to install? how long do they last? Can they be used with a switchng thermostat?

They are easy to install, but would probably be easier if you were building an enclosure and added the heat source, in my case - I took apart the enclosure and screwed in the reptile radiator and then the cage cover, because I had to reseal the enclosure as the sealant was wearing out and starting to become loose.

The installation probably took all of 5 minutes for both the reptile radiator and cage cover.

After some minor set backs with the smell of the sealant still being there. The enclosure is finally finished with the snake inside, she seems to like it:

100_0162.jpg

(Wow, glare on the glass much?)

100_0158.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back