Can ants hurt my snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezel73

Reaction score
I just put some fresh water into my snakes bowl and noticed there are ant in her water bowl!!! I have had a problem with ants at my house and I noticed them along the window today and I couldn't work out what they were after and now I know... My snakes water!!!
What do I do???

HELP.... Its not like I can use ant rid or else they might take it with them into her water....
I have just fed her so I dont want to take her out of her enclosure (apart from the fact that I haven't been able to pick her up yet-I'm a bit scared...
HELP

enclosure is huge and heavy and I sound really pussy but I dont think I am strong enough to move it myself...

I used talcum power around mine recently during an ant invasion, they don't like to walk/can't ? walk over it. Just sprinkled it on the bench around the cage.

I'm gonna see if I can get my big guns out and move the enclosure... Fingers crossed...

hmm try get a neighbour to help you move it? sure there is some friendly people next door, oh and dont be to scared to get bit, it doesn't hurt trust me! i always called bullshit that snake bites didnt hurt, its after the frist time you get bitten it is 98% psychological and its better to get him use to being held when he a baby then waiting till he fully grown and then holding him because a bite from a bigger one will hurt more best of luck

ive used ant rid in the past
blake

well I have moved her... Will the ants that are in there be able to hurt her?? I have taken that water out and cleaned it but I just dont want her to get sick or worse...

Put another water bowl outside the enclosure...the ants can stop at that one for a drink :)

Put another water bowl outside the enclosure...the ants can stop at that one for a drink :)

Not a bad idea but I would like to get rid of them all together not say "hey look guys free water come when ever you want" next thing I know they will want to eat at the table with us... JOKES:lol:

USE THE VACUUM CLEANER!!! works a treat!!!! :D

doesnt hurt your pets either :D

USE THE VACUUM CLEANER!!! works a treat!!!! :D

doesnt hurt your pets either :D

that will get rid of the immediate ants, but they follow the trail of the formic acid trace that is left by the trail of ants that you vac up.
ants make up 15% -20% of earths terrestrial biomas. you will never get rid of them. their community surpasses that of any other organism on earth.

wipe the trail once you have vacced. it will hold them at bay... but you must understand, ants rule the earth and there is no way you can deny them that.
good luck.

btw, a large colony of ants will destroy your snake.

Well its a good thing I have moved her away...

I think she can stay there until after summer

Use the long acting surface spray mortein.

Use a sealant or super glue to seal off the crack they are entering from.

Poison the spare water bowl with mortein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back