Buderim herping?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnB

Reaction score
Anyone done any herping around buderim? Was looking at google maps and noticed buderim forest, so was thinking of going over there for a look. Going to have a look around beerwah also and there was a pretty descent looking area near mooloolaba.

What do you think?

I have never been herpin around that way. Cant see why it would be a bad idea....... Good luck and let us know what you find.

Cheers Luke

Out of all those places Beerwah would be best.
You see the odd Tiger Snake there, and apparently Black Whips, and all the common snakes (Carpets, Keelbacks, Red Belly's, Green Tree's etc) Also many lacies and various dragons. Walking around Ewen Maddoc Damn can be good.

Lots of carpets at Buderim forest-at least two snake catchers release them here from the local human infested areas.

There are a variety of habitats here and if you are lucky you could find a lot more than carpets.

Went out for a couple hours last night. Unfortunately i didn't find much. A few frogs and a lot of cane toads.
First i had a look around Buderim then Forest Glen areas, had no luck so i went over to Beerwah and the Glass House Mountains. I wasn't able to go off road much as the roads were to wet and slushy. Then ended my trip down Roys road.

Thanks for the replies guys. Next time i will check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back