Dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of our dogs were rescues. one a purebred chihuahua and the other a cross breed. i can honestly say they are great dogs! the other we bought from a petshop and is a great little chihuahua cross. and our other oaf is the puppy of my sisters staffy x pitbull.

my next dog will be from a breeder as i will be after an italian greyhound. i love them!

Like my snakes, i got my dog from a reputable breeder/friend.
This is Twilight, my Alaskan Malamute. Shes a purebreed and parents are from champion bloodlines. Shes 2mths old and is a big bunch of furball. :)

Attachments

• DSCF2925.jpg
    DSCF2925.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF2931.jpg
    DSCF2931.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF2927.jpg
    DSCF2927.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 35
hybrid vigor is a myth my dog Krakka is border collie X fox terrier and she has bad hips :(
shes 5 and can on longer play fetch and she has trouble walking even 500m on a bad day
i got her from a backyard breeder was the last pup and 5 months old was going to bed put down and i fell in love i don't regret getting her shes got the best temperament a total couch potato and is extremely intelligent gets along with other pets i even had a guinea pig and rabbit that she would cuddle with and thinks kittens are her pups lol

Attachments

• good mama dog.jpg
    good mama dog.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 34
I would buy a purebred (with or without papers, doesnt bother me as long as the parents have papers, its fine by me) short-nosed Rottweiler with good contrasting colours i.e. a nice bright tan, not those ones that are almost black with hardly any tan on them... From someone who's registered with the Kennel Club whether it was advertised in the paper or otherwise doesnt matter either

....Although because of all the BS bad publicity (even though its not the breed, its how they are brought up/raised as to whether they turn out savage killers! :rolleyes: - We bred Rotties for 15+ years and never had a bad/aggressive/killer one EVER), they (rotties) arent a registered breed with the kennel club anymore :rolleyes: :(

If a rottie breeder is part of the ANKC, they should abide by the code of ethics and breed standard and also be a member of the rottie club of that state and if they breed, the pups have to be papered no matter what. either fully registered or limited. If they are a member of the ANKC and the pups arn't papered then there is something dodgy going on.

code of ethics are found here- http://www.rcqld.net/about7.html

breed standard here- http://www.rcqld.net/about1.html

as mentioned by others, the rottie has never been banned from the ANKC register. dont know where you got that information from but it is not true at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back