Mum!!..up the heat, its getting cold!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allies_snakes

Reaction score
My BHP's globe blew this afternoon, after all the warm weather and a hot house in general I only have 40w globes in the cupboard, so she has been hanging like this for the last hour. Have put an extra hide box in there under the heat light now with an extra basking log (slab of a small tree trunk) on top of it for her to be up closer under it until the morning. Happy Camper...

Mixed 564.jpg

Mixed 565.jpg

Mixed 569.jpg

nawww, she is so cold. you might need to give her snuggles through the night.....

It won't hurt her to go without a light for a couple days, just don't feed her while she is cold.

You don't have to have the expensive reptile-branded lights from a pet shop either. Bunnings, Coles and all supermarkets have lights that work just as good and don't cost the earth. Actually my $4 reflector light from Coles is still going, so far, 3 months longer than the reptile lights which seem to only last a couple weeks.

It won't hurt her to go without a light for a couple days, just don't feed her while she is cold.

You don't have to have the expensive reptile-branded lights from a pet shop either. Bunnings, Coles and all supermarkets have lights that work just as good and don't cost the earth. Actually my $4 reflector light from Coles is still going, so far, 3 months longer than the reptile lights which seem to only last a couple weeks.

They sure do! About half the price and MUCH more reliable. The pet shop ones always blow out on me after the lights turn on and off a couple of times.

I use the Crompton ones from Bunnings. Never had a dodgy one.

Nah, I had to get heat as she just had a chook for dinner. I do use the cheapy white ones now and then, but we got someone staying in the spare room that she is in, so have to go the red light, the person dont mind the red but the white light is a bit annoying..plus my i get my red lights cheap off a mate that is happy to exchange them if the dont last more than 3 weeks. I usually get 6 months out of them. Thanks for your info tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back