Dog food recipes!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone

I was wondering who makes home made dog food on here?
what do u feed ur dogs?

would be great if everyone could post up there recipes to share!
my little doogster can be a bit fussy with food, and i dont like giving him preservatives and colours flavours etc i like spoiling him and making him some home made food that is healthy for him

so would love everyone to share some recipes please :)

Each day, our dog eats the following, mixed through with 1kg of pet food (preservative, additive free) which we have delivered by a company called 'Tucker Tub'.

In the pot: 1 cup rice, 1 cup pasta, 1 cup oats, water - cook and cool
In a bowl: Soak 1 cup 'Vet's All Natural', 1 tablespoon garlic, 1.5 cups water - let sit for 12 hours

Cheers.

No dog is fussy.

they are smart animals and know if they wait, you will fold and give them the good stuff. they are pack animals and need to eat when there told, and what their told.

its good to hear you love your dog enough to cook for it, but really. keep on track of his vits and mins, a cooked or BARF diet is usually low in essentials. stay on track and suppliment. and dont forget bones!! his teeth will rott without a dry kibble or the like.

hawkei. Tucker Time? go Dr Bruce's premium choice... good stuff.

I used to make my own dog food:

cooked roo meat, rice or pasta, peas, carrots, broccoli & garlic. Bag it up into little freezer bags & freeze.

Had to stop feeding rice & pasta as one dog turned out to be a ciliac, its not uncommon in dogs and it can make them quite ill.

now our dogs are getting older, we just feed them high quality dry food full time and cooked roo meat & veigies (3days a week) & 3/4 tspn of sashas blend. That sashas blend is great for old dogs with arthritic ailments. They dont seem to get as sore or stiff.

premium dry dog food is it for my dogs too. pig ears, RAW MEATY bones (lol when i studied animal science the lady used to yell RAW MEATY BONES!!!), chicken carcasses are some of the treats mine get.
my grandmas little dogs are just like your dog. spoilt rotten to only eat what they want to eat. but they now live next door to us and they eat what I WANT THEM TO EAT!! dry dog food and thats it. if they don't eat what i tell them then they starve.
End of story.
Don't let your dog walk all over you and make you cook it food. in all honesty if dogs were in the wild would they be cooking their food? give your dog meaty brisket bones, chicken carcasses for their meat part of it, and dry dog biscuits.
dogs are carnivores. they eat meat (bones included). they do not run around in the wild cooking up mince, pasta and vegies.
just as you feed snakes their natural food, so should you feed your dog the same.
oh man i feel like a nazi, but I try and help out as many people as I can regarding their dogs diets. At my obedience club I am the go to lady. :-D lol

I cook up 1kg of roo mince and 1kg of chicken mince (combined together) with 250-300 grams of pasta, a bag of frozen vegies and 2 teaspoons of garlic.They also get dry bits mixed in with it to bulk it out.They also get a couple of eggs each per week too.

Be careful not to over do the eggs or garlic though as to much can be harmful.I also dont give my dogs broccoli as it is toxic to dogs.

Im the same Lana,i like to know exactly what my dogs are eating and if i wouldnt eat it they dont get fed it.

a cooked or BARF diet is usually low in essentials.

I understand a BARF Diet to be a Biologically Appropriate Raw Food Diet. (AKA Bones And Raw Food Diet). Certainly not lacking the essentials! Never had any probs with Tucker Tub, but will keep Dr. Bruce's Premium Choice in mind. Bones should be available to dogs at all times. Not only are they good for their teeth - they're fun too! Anyone else used 'Vet's All Natural'? We buy it in a 15kg box - fantastic stuff.

Cheers.

I cook up 1kg of roo mince and 1kg of chicken mince (combined together) with 250-300 grams of pasta, a bag of frozen vegies and 2 teaspoons of garlic.They also get dry bits mixed in with it to bulk it out.They also get a couple of eggs each per week too.

Be careful not to over do the eggs or garlic though as to much can be harmful.I also dont give my dogs broccoli as it is toxic to dogs.

Im the same Lana,i like to know exactly what my dogs are eating and if i wouldnt eat it they dont get fed it.

Just to let you know that Broccoli is only toxic in very large amounts. My dog likes to eat frozen broccoli and cauliflower every now and again and to no such luck has she dropped off yet... :shock: KIDDING! oh poor Binka... :(

when we do a cow kill i save the liver kidney heart etc bring to the boil let sit remove if it were vegetables it would be refered as blanched . or pet mince gravy rice peas corn same cook let cool . my mutties love that as well

No dog is fussy.

they are smart animals and know if they wait, you will fold and give them the good stuff. they are pack animals and need to eat when there told, and what their told.

its good to hear you love your dog enough to cook for it, but really. keep on track of his vits and mins, a cooked or BARF diet is usually low in essentials. stay on track and suppliment. and dont forget bones!! his teeth will rott without a dry kibble or the like.

hawkei. Tucker Time? go Dr Bruce's premium choice... good stuff.

i agree NO dog is fussy their just VERY smart!

my step-mum makes dog food she cooks up a big load of mince,adds veggies ect.She has two labs so they eat abit she also gives them carrots through the day as treats.

Now here I was thinking you wanted recipes using dog .....as cat is to chicken dog is to beef :)

I understand a BARF Diet to be a Biologically Appropriate Raw Food Diet. (AKA Bones And Raw Food Diet). Certainly not lacking the essentials! Never had any probs with Tucker Tub, but will keep Dr. Bruce's Premium Choice in mind. Bones should be available to dogs at all times. Not only are they good for their teeth - they're fun too! Anyone else used 'Vet's All Natural'? We buy it in a 15kg box - fantastic stuff.

Cheers.

Vets all natural is Dr Bruces (Premium choice) ... im looking at it right now. lol.

what i ment by cooked meals and barf being lacking is the home recipes often dont have it all. the branded 'B.A.R.F' seems to be a fine whole diet. its more the grannies (and other dog slaves) who cook chicken breast, rice, pasta and veg.. and no supliments.

for those wanting the best in premium dry dog food... look out for Eagle Pack Holistic Select... i would eat it!!

wow some people spoil their dogs by cooking food :S the only time we cook food for the dogs is in winter and heres our recipe:(depends on size of dog)
fill a pot with about 2L of water, add home brand vegetables and rice (pasta is ok aswell) add gravy. mix it through. add mince if you have some spare otherwise put in home brand wheat bix and dry dog food to create a stew type mixture. they love it, keeps them warm and happy.

Im the same i like to know what my dog eats as if its not good enough for her its not good enough for me to eat it really depends on the day but it always contain chicken mince, kangaroo mince, rice, veggies and eggs aswell as dry dog food, pig ears, roo chews and bones that basically what see gets.

my siberians are on a home made meal every night, the tin stuff and dog biscuits make them sick, so there on:

3 cups of rice,
choped vegies ie:
1 carrot
leafy pary of the celery chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
cabage chopped

can add an egg for shiny coat

and I add 1klo of chicken wings

I sometimes add 3 bags of tea (keeps ticks off)
but remove after it's all cooked

ADD HALF BOILER OF WATER (pan)

thats it, I feed it to them as a soup or a thick rice meal.

it turns out much cheaper and much more healthier for them and you don't need to put camicals on them for ticks apart from worming and health shots that the vet does.

I also give the girls raw meat bones and stew bones, sometimes give them biscuits but not often due to them getting the runs, the girls on this as a special diet that the vets perscribed for them, my girl raven suffers from a desease its a prolapsed intestine so keeping her on a stricked diet is assentual, I don't see the pint on making 2 meals completely different and if it's better for them then the tin food or dog sausage logs then thats what they be getting.

they absolutly love it as well, I make them ice blocks of hidden fruit and water as well and they love them, but it's a treat

Oh no...one of those "my-dog-is-better-fed-than-your-dog-and-I'll-argue-it-til-Im-blue-in-the-face" threads.

Contestant 1: "My dog is using Premium Grade Dr. Franks Holistic mix for Canin!!" (it's trendy to spell canine that way in Australia).

Contestant 2: "Really? Let me introduce....BARF!!!"

Contestant 1: Oh..... well, I also mix in Kangaroo that has been slaughtered only after a waning moon....

Contetant 2: Yes, but my grains are imported from the old Silk Road, gently permeated with a smoky aroma and I don't allow kangaroo!! I prefer aged (farmed, not wild) camel from sub-1000ft zones in the Saharan Plains....and only after a Haitian doctor has rubbed a traditional yellow mud paste on its belly....

Oh no...one of those "my-dog-is-better-fed-than-your-dog-and-I'll-argue-it-til-Im-blue-in-the-face" threads.

Contestant 1: "My dog is using Premium Grade Dr. Franks Holistic mix for Canin!!" (it's trendy to spell canine that way in Australia).

Contestant 2: "Really? Let me introduce....BARF!!!"

Contestant 1: Oh..... well, I also mix in Kangaroo that has been slaughtered only after a waning moon....

Contetant 2: Yes, but my grains are imported from the old Silk Road, gently permeated with a smoky aroma and I don't allow kangaroo!! I prefer aged (farmed, not wild) camel from sub-1000ft zones in the Saharan Plains....and only after a Haitian doctor has rubbed a traditional yellow mud paste on its belly....

Tehehe!

My dawgs get Hills Science Diet and a bit of whatever I'm having, as well as anything that's been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days.

Two words.

Royal Canin. (thats because it's french tooninoz)

It's the best..

Some dry biscuits and chicken necks, chicken wings or something similiar is all my dog gets. Occasionly she will get fed some canned food but she gets nothing like has been posted in this thread! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back