jobs involving herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

palmej

Reaction score
what are some jobs which include the work with herps which also has a good pay.
I have been volenteering at a wildlife park atm and i get paid more a year than they do and i work at a cafe and only on school holidays and weekends :shock:

I also dont know many different feilds that involve any sort of animal for that matter.
all i know of his just like zookeeper, dog trainer ext.

any help is appreciated.
Im trying to figure out what i want to do when i leave school

herp work and good pay dont go well together. best bet is put in the hard work and get a nice breeding setup going to make some nice pocket money off the side if it works out well for you.

i just found out a girl my mate knows got a job showing reptiles at parties and functions and stuff and gets $50an hour.

once went to a bucks nite at a club in kings cross where a lady was showing an albino python. its the only time i've ever seen a snake used at work besides a wildlife park and she looked liked she was getting paid good money.
but I dont think that line of work is appropriate...

once went to a bucks nite at a club in kings cross where a lady was showing an albino python. its the only time i've ever seen a snake used at work besides a wildlife park and she looked liked she was getting paid good money.
but I dont think that line of work is appropriate...
lol

i know snake skin wallets, crocodile meat industry? nah just kidding. wouldn't have a clue!

I'd look into becoming a ranger and then breed on the side for extra cash. Entry level positions start around 50K. Have a look at your states governing body e.g. EPA under their employment section on their website. It will also give you an idea on qualifications you need.

Not exactly working directly with herps but your best chance of seeing some on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back