Oh no.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpoleweski

Reaction score
I feel so terrible at the moment. I tried to get out my new spotted python for a handle and he went straight for a bit on me and I flinched so much that he was kind of shaken I feel so terrible. I didn't know what would happen. Now he's in his enclosure and every time I go near he's snapping at the glass! :(!

I feel like this is all my fault. He was such a gem to handle when first bought.

It wouldn't be because he is shaken. Have you been handling too much? How long ago did you buy him and how long did you let him settle in. Also when is next feed due?

I haven't handled him apart from mving him into his new enclosure last sat night. I know it was a bit earlier than a week but he seemed so placcid. Anthony told me he hadn't fed for 2 weeks and I was planning to feed him Saturday night but now I'm thinking I'll be doing it tomorrow night. Not sure if he's shedding either, he's been in his hide alot...But now he won't go back in and is sitting on the cool side.

Ok, he's now gone back to the warm side and is curling up again. I won't bother him at all. I feel so terrible, like a bad parent and the kid hates me :(

well my spotted hides alot, and would only come out at night so unless i was up around 12-5 i wouldnt really see him

Yeah, I just hope he settles and is a happy chappy. I'll be feeding him tomorrow, hopefully he'll take it. He also might be shedding?

he could be shedding, they are more defensive when they are shedding because they cant see as well. their eyes will go cloudy and then go clear again before they shed so u might have missed the cloudy eyes so it appears like it looks kinda normal. you will see soon anyway :)

mate toughen up :)... your more scared than your hatchie :):)... dont worry your snake is fine

Ok, he had 2 good fuzzy mice now. But I moved his hide to feed him, now he's sitting where his hide should be and I don't wanna anger him by putting a big thing over the top of him.

Sounds like the snake will always be in charge. He will know your scared and always strike, get bitten a few times and you will realize it aint so bad.

I would just like to know why you would handle him when he hasnt been fed yet. First priority is to make sure he's settled and feeding well, then you can start handling.

You'll be fine! He was just hungry and grumpy and in a new place!

A couple of feeds, some time to settle in, and he'll be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back