Infrared light and beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, dont bother with any heating at night at all. Just use a 75W or 100W white basking light during the day to make sure the temps get right up there. I dont use any night heat at all. Yes the older mature beardies may go into brumation, but Ive found the younger ones havnt, as long as the day temps are high.

If your worried about them, give them some night heat and when there asleep put some newspaper over the top of them to allow them to sleep.

M enc has been dropping down to 15 at night so far, and in the mornings the little ones are on the log when the UV comes on ready to bask when the heat light comes.

Cheers
Colby

My beardies certainly noticed the red lights when I first changed from ceramic heat emitters but they got used to them within an hour or so. I changed because the CHE were too hot to leave on 24/7 without a thermostat.
The globes are up the opposite end from where the lizards like to sleep and I like to change the wattage depending on the season -25watt in Autumn, 40watt winter, combined with a basking light during the day

It's too cold here to go without heating at night. It was 8deg in my lounge room the other morning.

I also use the purple moon light to keep up the heat and all my bigger beardies are sleeping all night. Infrared bulbs were keeping them up all night now with the moon light they are all fast asleep...Good beardies... Wish the kids would sleep if I put purple lights in there rooms as well as the beardies lol

i am getting my beardie on friday its only 3-4 months old all i have is a infra red 100 watt heat lamp and a campacts 10% UV globe i might change the compact globe if i notice the beardie is disturbed. has anyone had success with compact globes and beardies???
i might also get a spot light just incase. my enclosure is 4X1.5 is 100 watt infra red enough to heatthe tank???

our eastern beardie has an infared light for heat and it's on 24 hours and he doesn't have a problem with it at all he sleeps hanging almostly directly under it. I have wondered about him seeing it though because during the day he seems to stare at it.

i got it yesterday. i set up a timer so that every 4 hours it goes on for 15-30 minutes.
it keeps it warm because on friday the temperatures got down to 15-16 so well see tonight.
the beardie is really healthy and eating well. the infra red seems fine for it but well see.

i was lead to believe that beardies and snakes couldnt see red light. im now thinking that they can as they all seem to watch as we walk past their enclosures. the red light dosent seem to effect their day/night cycles. if you dont want any light use a heat emiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back