outdoors in vic?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZz_93

Reaction score
Thinking of building an outdoor enclosure, but what can go in it? i live in southern victoria, and it gets quite cold over winter. anyone know of any species that can handle the cold well, snake or lizards?

The only thing I can think of would be a diamond python.....Anyone else got any suggestions??

I live in southern vic and i get shinglebacks and bluetounges around the yard on occasion, so they might be a good bet.

I've seen people keep both in the one enclosure (big enclosures) so you don't have to choose, just have both! :)

i have seen in melbourne in outdoor pits, bluies, shinglebacks, jackies, eastern and gippsland water dragons, central beardies, gidgees, cunningham, whites, diamonds and longneck turtles. maybe more but cant think of them. personally i dont keep anything outdoors, i dont like not being able to keep as closer eye on them

Outdoors in Vic

Check out thread building a pit, these are for Tigers,Red Belly's & Copperheads.

wild shingle backs in geelong??????????????????????????????????????,id be wary keeping stumpys out doors with out protection from the weather in southern vic,depending on where u are,they dont handle high humidity and cold damp in melb,but from the species already mentioned,add sandys,again with protection and added heat if in melb,and lacies

wild shingle backs in geelong??????????????????????????????????????,id be wary keeping stumpys out doors with out protection from the weather in southern vic,depending on where u are,they dont handle high humidity and cold damp in melb,but from the species already mentioned,add sandys,again with protection and added heat if in melb,and lacies

They don't like the cold and damp? o_O
There are thousands of them here in S.E S.A, they're one of the most common lizards down here, and it's one of the wettest places in Australia.

I tried Stumpies outside in Melbourne in a sheltered enclosure and they didnt do well. I wouldn't do it, i was on the Mornington Peninsula, which is quite wet (when not in drought)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back