bredli breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kavsreptiles

Reaction score
hi all i have just got myself a hypo female bredli for my male there both at 2.5 yrs now im not looking to breed this season but maybe next season im after as much information on breeding them as possible

ie: tank temps at wat months ?
how much i should feed ? i feed 7 days
should i seperate ?
wen should i introduce ?

i think every 1 gets the idea im after as much info as possible as i want these guys to be a happy lil breeding pair

Check out " breeding advice " in general herps.
last post a few days ago.

Try this book from MIke Swan.
Mike Swan Herp. Books - Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons AU $ 50.00

Why couldn't/wouldn't they breed at that age, if they were of an appropriate size?

Just going by what ive read myself as I wanted to breed my pair last year so was doing some research aswell. Mine were over 3 last season and sufficient size, but yet didnt breed (male was keen, female was not). Might have just been a coincidence and they wouldnt have bred anyway, but most of the people I talked to or info I read said 4 years is the average age a female will breed, assuming she is big enough.

If you can get a bredli up to 3+kg in 2.5 years anyway your doing good. :shock:

Breeding [age] bredli

ONE OF MY GIRLS BRED LAST YEAR AT [3] YEARS OF AGE , SHE LAID [33] EGGS [16] PRODUCING HATCHIES. THOSE OTHER [17] WENT OFF IN THE FIRST WEEK SO [IMO] THEY JUST WEREN'T MEANT TO BE....CHEERS SOLAR 17 [BADEN] :D :rolleyes: :lol:

Have you bred bredli under 4 years of age........?
I dont know anyone who has.
If there at breeding size at 2 1/2 years, than can i have what their having.................:lol:
Great to combine that a gym workout.................:lol:
Southern Cross Reptiles apparently breeds theirs at that age, well, according to their article.

how could you breed at the age?
Is there food constantly shoved down their throats?
have even even digested before the next food item is given?

"licky" you asked [3] questions without addressing them to anyone, so l will answer them firstly my males are fed every [10] days and my females every [7] days on [moderate] sized rats 99% of the time having a bowel movement before the next feed but in my case l have floor to ceiling enclosures full of branches for climbing [exercising]...the rest is history l put them together if they breed they breed if the dont they dont...and many people on this site will support me that they are not over weight or pushed along....cheers solar 17 [baden]

All mine get fed every 10-14 days at about 10% their body weight.
They get cooled on their 3rd winter and breed after their fourth.
As solar said, they breed or they dont.
Snakes are bit like us I reckon that some grow, mature and can breed earlier than others - thats nature.
Never heard of SXR breeding them that early RB..................anyway, solar was able to do it at 3 without hurting her, so it can be done.

ONE OF MY GIRLS BRED LAST YEAR AT [3] YEARS OF AGE , SHE LAID [33] EGGS [16] PRODUCING HATCHIES. THOSE OTHER [17] WENT OFF IN THE FIRST WEEK SO [IMO] THEY JUST WEREN'T MEANT TO BE....CHEERS SOLAR 17 [BADEN] :D :rolleyes: :lol:
Baden.... When u say 3 do u mean her third year eg 2 1/2 or u mean her 4th year as a 3 1/2 yr old? Cause mine will be way big enough...
Thanks
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back