Posts regarding Animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webcol

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry i dont want to rant, But i find it really sad how many anti-animal comments are thrown around on here, some posts are basically insisting animal cruelty.
I think there should be greater penalties for Unfair and un-called for comments regarding ANY animal. It upsets me to see so many people that so easily will post comments and pictures that are not only cruel regarding animals, but also upset the people who like them.
If there is a species or type of animal which is disliked, just dont open the thread and save everyone the trouble.

Can you name anything specific ? Most people have animals they hate (dislike) or love (like more than others)

What is offensive to one person isn't necessarily offensive to another, and I think we're all entitled to our opinions. Personally, the subject has never bothered me, I've never seen anything here that I've found offensive. If I did....as I did on another site...I'd leave.

I dont mean just someone saying i dont like this animal, or i dont like that species. Opinions are different to insults and comments that purposely hurt and bully someone. And im talking about things that are so obviously insults.
Posts that refer to animal cruelty or pain towards an animal. It doesn't matter what type of animal, because no animal deserves bad treatment. Such posts that intentionally ridicule an animal or person for having interest in it, Saying the animals should be killed or harmed in any way, Any images that depict an animal cruelty etc

Can you name anything specific ? Most people have animals they hate (dislike) or love (like more than others)

What is offensive to one person isn't necessarily offensive to another, and I think we're all entitled to our opinions. Personally, the subject has never bothered me, I've never seen anything here that I've found offensive. If I did....as I did on another site...I'd leave.

This is the point im trying to make, people shouldnt be forced to leave websites, they should have the right to enjoy the use of the site.

I agree untouchables but as with any gathering of people you will always get

dropkicks who cant help but spoil things for you...thats life..

Whether it comes from jealousy or some kind of bully mentality or

they just like to upset others im not sure..?:|

There is not really a specific thread, its more of an overall collective of various threads over the past months. Pictures or comments that basically are posted for the sole purpose of insulting or degrading someone.

Pictures or comments that basically are posted for the sole purpose of insulting or degrading someone.

I cant say i've seen any, overall this site is pretty good. And the real nasty ones are usualy booted and banned pretty quick by the mods. If you are offended by someones post or think they are way outta line then please inform the mods. Thats what they are there for.

I cant say i've seen any, overall this site is pretty good. And the real nasty ones are usualy booted and banned pretty quick by the mods. If you are offended by someones post or think they are way outta line then please inform the mods. Thats what they are there for.

You started by saying you haven't seen any, but you then admit there are some?
(And the real nasty ones are usualy booted and banned pretty quick by the mods.)

it happens bud , not a great deal you can do about it
all you need to do is just post about the comments that take your interest and ignore the toss pots

dont forget mate you can report the posts that are offensive

it happens bud , not a great deal you can do about it
all you need to do is just post about the comments that take your interest and ignore the toss pots

dont forget mate you can report the posts that are offensive

You are probably right, it will keep happening, But i will admit though the mods do a good job at keeping an eye one things.
I just think its a shame is all

Sorry i ment so say i've never seen anyone promoting animal cruelty or photos of, on this site. There has been on occasion rogue spammers who post a few horrible comments in quick succesion but they usualy have thir accounts suspended and the offensive comments removed quite quickly

Last edited:
Ignorant mob mentality is something this site is known for. There's been threads like this made in the past and yet here you are making a new one.
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. Just use the ignore and report functions if needed.

if you are referring to the cat thread??? imagine the responce youd get if you started posting pics of snakes on a rodent thread??? i bet it wont be nice.cat are known for killing wildlife including reptiles and as you may have realised this is a reptiles site so your sure to upset a few people by posting pics of cats on here.my feelings towards cats has nothing to do with a mob mentality, i have always hated cats and always will.So go share your cat pics on a cat forum and leave APS for reptiles. my 2 cents ;)

hobbo....................

if you are referring to the cat thread??? imagine the responce youd get if you started posting pics of snakes on a rodent thread??? i bet it wont be nice.cat are known for killing wildlife including reptiles and as you may have realised this is a reptiles site so your sure to upset a few people by posting pics of cats on here.my feelings towards cats has nothing to do with a mob mentality, i have always hated cats and always will.So go share your cat pics on a cat forum and leave APS for reptiles. my 2 cents ;)

I was referring to in general, But as example the cat thread could be used. But why is there a 'other animals' option then? i guess dogs arnt allowed too then? Both feline and canine are proved hunters.. Look what the last post on the cat thread said, didnt that mention the other animals part?

Then why would you bother to read and participate in a thread clearly headed

"CAT THREAD"...? your 2 cents makes no sense...

I think it's nice that this site is open enough to include discussion on other animals besides reptiles. We all have interests outside reptiles....I hope :).... so it's nice to be able to have a break from serious reptile discussion. Personally I have 2 dogs, several fish and a pet rat as well as my snake. I had a gorgeous cat for many years, but I don't think I'd bother having another one unless it was kept inside all the time, but once my present animals die, I don't intend replacing them, I'll just keep the snake.

I can't understand people who hate cats. Cats can't help being predators, it's their nature. It's not their fault they are running feral and eating our wildlife to survive. If you want to hate something, take it out on careless owners who let their cats out of their house or dumped the cats into the bush in the first place. The cats aren't being malicious, they are just trying to survive. I agree with culling feral cats but don't torture them for doing what comes naturally.

I can't understand people who hate cats. Cats can't help being predators, it's their nature. It's not their fault they are running feral and eating our wildlife to survive. If you want to hate something, take it out on careless owners who let their cats out of their house or dumped the cats into the bush in the first place. The cats aren't being malicious, they are just trying to survive. I agree with culling feral cats but don't torture them for doing what comes naturally.

Well said, Animals like cats and dogs, even reptiles have the same instinct everything else does, and that is to survive: usually involving some sort of predator response.

In responce to the pic i posted on the "cat thread" it DID NOT represent animal cruelty but natures act on an a cat left unattended outside by an irresponsible owner. This is a reptile site after all and the pic had a cat and a snake in it. i do not condone animal cruelty at all.

cheers HK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back