Pictures of Your Collett's and Red Bellies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay i find that " well with mine" that the smaller colletts are freaking nut cases... but are alright once they get some size on them..

Not that I recommend it, but I can free-handle my colletts without too much concern...you're just unlucky Sturds :lol: They certainly get all huffy and puffy before you get your hand on them though. That said, it'll now probably bite me :lol: :lol:

yea i understand you'd have to go to the hospital, thats just common sense really, i guess im just wondering if any ppl that own them get worried when getting them out and stuff that you might get tagged?? like i said i would love to own one, but i'd be too freaked out to pull them out of their enclosure!!

yea i understand you'd have to go to the hospital, thats just common sense really, i guess im just wondering if any ppl that own them get worried when getting them out and stuff that you might get tagged?? like i said i would love to own one, but i'd be too freaked out to pull them out of their enclosure!!

i wouldnt say worried, just a small concern....

these two breeds are beautiful yes.... but i am also a massive fan of Tigers and also Mulgas.... RBBS aswell... love that thicker family of snake... mind you all elapids are beautiful!!

okay, well has anyone ever been tagged by one of there vens??? was it very painful? also how venomous are RBBS??? sorry for the questions im just really interested!!

okay, well has anyone ever been tagged by one of there vens??? was it very painful? also how venomous are RBBS??? sorry for the questions im just really interested!!

I my self have never been tagged by a ven...
And for pain, that depends on the elapids thats bitten you..
a bite from a colletts or red belly is from what ive heard extreamly painful due to the venom which destroys muscle tissue
There has only ever been 1 recorded death from a RBB... "correct me if im wrong"

Hey moose like you i free handle my rbb as it was very hard to get feeding when it was young now it just loves to run over my fingers not that i recommend it for ever 1 and they can be unpredictable. I am more worried about gettting tagged by my big python as she is a real bitch....lol

when i was younger i was bitten by a copperhead in Tasmania... Was only my second call out to remove an unwanted snake... had it in the bag and the bloke i was getting it from grabbed the bag when i was looking and said i want to have a lokk... tipped out beside my leg and it tagged me on ankle.

oh yeah by the way.. the bite it self didnt really hurt that much... and luckily for me it was just a dry bite... gotta love copper heads for that :)

wow, yea i would love to get a RBBS but i dont think i would ever get ova being afraid of it so its probably best i just stick to pythons!! :)

Very nice Colletts and Red belly Moosenoose and Sturdy...Heres a couple photos of a couple different Red Bellys that ive came across while walking....In the warmer months at times ive came 3-5 Red Bellys,they are very common as there is alot of frogs etc around...

Attachments

• 100_3354.jpg
    100_3354.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_3372.jpg
    100_3372.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_3618.jpg
    100_3618.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_3619.jpg
    100_3619.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3631.jpg
    100_3631.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 81
I found a few older pics of some collettes.
A youngster.
coleat.jpg

collette.jpg

An older one
ghkmku.jpg

tyjtyj.jpg

And a bluebelly.
sf.jpg

Cheers

Wow. Stunning photos everyone! Thanks heaps for taking the time..

I just love the RBBS.. they're amazing. Also so cool how they flatten out like that, though I know they aren't the only ones.

What are red bellies like as first venomous snakes?

Wow. Stunning photos everyone! Thanks heaps for taking the time..

I just love the RBBS.. they're amazing. Also so cool how they flatten out like that, though I know they aren't the only ones.

What are red bellies like as first venomous snakes?

i found they were not to bad.... quite cruisey to be honest have not given me any troubles "Yet"

i found they were not to bad.... quite cruisey to be honest have not given me any troubles "Yet"

yet...haha i like it.
yeah i find them great, however i have one thats got more bounce then a basket ball and loves the occasional hook chew :lol:,hes about the only elapid in the collection that a freehandling no no haha.

heres some spotteds to add to ssssnakemans pic:)

Attachments

• tongue.jpg
    tongue.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 106_1001.jpg
    106_1001.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 81
One i found last Sunday.
Thanks Tim.

Attachments

• P8160669.JPG
    P8160669.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P8160659.JPG
    P8160659.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 56
  • P8160663.JPG
    P8160663.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 58
  • P8160664.JPG
    P8160664.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 53
Here are some photos of one of my RBB's. If all goes to plan, I may have some juvies available in the new year.
DSCF0466800x600.jpg

DSCF0465800x600.jpg

DSCF0461800x600.jpg

Cheers, Rossco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back