Pictures of Your Collett's and Red Bellies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day guys, I have been looking at these two snakes recently and love their colouring. They've gotta be some of the nicest elapids we have in my opinion.

I'd like to know what they are like in captivity? My mate owns a Collett's and loves it. What do you ven owners think? If you could put up any photos of your Collett's or Red Bellies I'd be super happy!

Cheers
Phil

I agree Phil 2 of the hottest species in the world in my opinion... My goal is to get a rbbs one day...

I agree Phil 2 of the hottest species in the world in my opinion... My goal is to get a rbbs one day...

They are both tops, but you can pick up RBBS for like 150? Pretty cheap..

IMO RBBS are great in captivity, however you need to be fully aware of the risk of a bite before you even think about getting one. There is a thread on here that goes step by step what happened after a bite, well worth the read. They are generally calm natured however they all have there bad days. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

Cheers Luke

hay philk..

heres my colletts

this one is a pissy lil beasty
editcollet.jpg

Holy crap... beautiful snakes, guys, just beautiful. Definitely the two best lookers in the ven world. Wow!

If I do get my ven licence (I certainly hope one day I will) I'd love to give these two a shot, they are stunners.

I have heard RBBS are pretty good in captivity.. what about Collett's? Death adders come highly recommended for first vens, but they seem a little boring for me.

Collett's are simpley amazing.. I love how their patterning looks like flames!

Rbbs in my opinion PHILK are proberly the best first ven to get. As for Death adders they are certainly not boring especially when it comes time for clean out or feeding mine still makes me jump when she strikes at the rats..

Red Belly

Im actually looking for a red belly black at the moment i love them absolutely beautiful snakes....

Cheers for the comments guys. I'm a long way from buying any vens but my mind always gets ahead of me.. I want a RBBS and Colett's snake first of all hahaha. But death adders, tigers, taipans are all amazing... plus the browns, mulgas... hahaha just about everything unfortunately!

Any other photos of those snakes guys? Or their enclosures? I'm going through the huge elapid photo thread now, but if you want to post some other elapid photos or enclosure photos go ahead

Agreed, both are beautiful snakes. I think a colourful Collett's are spectacular, esp the 2 above.

Sorry, this might sound like a dumb question but i dont know much about owning vens but what happens if one bites you??? ive heard about venom gland removal also, is that true?? i would love to own any of these snakes but just too scared too, afraid I'll be tagged!! lol

ssssmithy are those northerns?? Would the difference between the "northerns" and what i would see in the wild be the amount of red??

yeah the lighter faces/noses. i have seen it in some wild redbellys down in northern nsw but not as much as the ones up here. some say black is better but i like the cream and red in the face.

Beauties! All of them! Has anybody got hatchling photos of red bellies? Don't think I've ever seen a hatchie RBBS

Jessica: If your ven bites you you go to hospital, just the same as if a wild ven bites you. Many ven keepers will have called their nearby hospitals to see what antivenom they have, and many keepers are also proficient in first aid for themselves.
And yes, it is possible to remove venom glands, but it is not done, and personally I think it should NEVER be done. I think you'll find a lot of people agree with me there. It'd be like buying a dog and removing his teeth in case he bites you... If you do get bitten by your venomous snake, you go to hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back