Quaker in shock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asharee133

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey, i have a quaker here thats in shock, hes usually VERY loud and bites if he doesn't get what he wants, now hes quiet as a mouse and asleep on my chest argh he just squawked and nodding, so im sure hes ok, but anything i can do to make him comfy?

age ???fully feathered ????kept inside or out ????some more details would help....

just keep him warm in another cage if you have one or in a box or tank anything were he can have heat not to much heat i forget the temps we had the nursery at for the birds is he eating and drinking or do u have to force it???

What happened to him, ie Did he hit a window,cat. Prob need more info.

yeah, i forgot to say he was on his owners shoulder and a cat pounced him, hes asleep in his cage now and hes about 6 months, hes a good boy most times and talks like a human most times, bites like nothing though XD

Asharee sorry to say that cats have a bad bacteria in there slavia and there claws. Do you see you any wounds at all? if the cat didn't punture the bird it could have left slavia on its feathers, then when the birds preens where the slavia is it ingests the bad bacteria which can kill a bird. Some birds survive it, A bite or a scratch from a cat will normally kill a bird in 24 hours. If he stays alive for 24 hours i think you will be fine. If he seems out of the prdinary lethargic,not eatting,sitting fluffed up i would take him into the vet for a check up.

hes eating and drinking and chirping alright, i think it just pounced him like cats do ''playing'' with their prey, then paris got to it and threw something at the cat XD, no saliva, no scratches, just spooked and quiet

Well then i would say the bird will fine just give it time to settle down. I would keep on eye on him tho for the next few days. Also make sure cat and bird are not around one another any more to risky.

Make sure to keep him warm too. If he is stressed/injured he will need the extra heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back