snake sizing itself up against little girl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny74

Not so new Member
Reaction score
a friend of a friend had a large python (no idea what breed) that was in the process of sizing itself up against his baby sister :eek: and was about to eat her

luckily the family was around and noticed but after that he went and took it to the bush lol

is this normal for large snakes that are around little kids??

What size snake is it and try to find out what breed, how old/big is the little girl?

Can't recall how many times i've heard this story from people.

Its the same as the story about some guy with redbacks in his dreadlocks, i reckon i get told that story once a week from some new clown i meet.

This storey comes up way to often.... and thats exactly what it is 'a storey'

and snakes dont 'size' themselves up against things lol

just random thought, we all know the friend of a friend had a olive, in bed next to them, went to the vet, going to eat them etc etc.. but do snakes size food up? i mean all my snakes just strike and grab or is it only when something is much larger? like my coastal eating my cat or something :lol:? i mean wouldnt the snake just strike and grab at the baby if it wanted her? i supose my lot love there food :lol:

we all know the friend of a friend had a olive, in bed next to them, went to the vet, going to eat them etc etc

I have had a few friends swear on this. absolute bullcrap though lol.

Well I must admit, I've seen my stimmie sort of nose his way around a mouse a few times before he grabs it...maybe he's just looking for the front end.....but sometimes he also just grabs it......

Its the same as Big Browns chasing people around...But i would admit i had a brown rear up and slithered towards me,but not chase me...

nah your all wrong! My 7ft diamond is on a hunger strike because he thinks i look good to eat lol. He better grow a WHOLE lot bigger and be damn hungry to finish me off lmao. This story has been around forever!

just random thought, we all know the friend of a friend had a olive, in bed next to them, went to the vet, going to eat them etc etc.. but do snakes size food up? i mean all my snakes just strike and grab or is it only when something is much larger? like my coastal eating my cat or something :lol:? i mean wouldnt the snake just strike and grab at the baby if it wanted her? i supose my lot love there food :lol:
.Rubysnake i know a friend of a friend that has a large
Olive that did sneak into to bed with them at night .How do i know this because it is my bed and my Olive and no she never sized either me or the missus up she was just looking to cuddle up and get warm .Same snake now lives the good life in our ensuite in a babies bassinet with pillows and a heat mat.

yeah big prey tends to make my snake size it up a bit, until i move the mouse away from him then BAM! maybe it's the movement that excites them.

hahaha, i love this story, it never fails to amuse me,..!

Joemal, thats awesome about ur olive!!
great idea for an enclosure!! :)

While these stories get passed around and snake behaviour misinterpreted as sizing up etc etc, there are documented cases of humans taken by large boids. These stories are very sad, especially the one in the media recently from Florida

haha every single time i have heard this story it always starts with "a friend of a friend" ... amazing that this story just keeps popping up, and usually said exactly how the last person said it!?
...stories/myths are good for a giggle, but this one has gone on for far too long i say :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back