Smallest snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA HA...Classic stuff Australis....Totally Australian thing to do, use a ciggy for size comparion. That is one small bugger that's for sure.

REDNAPED001.jpg

The small snake in the hand is one of the North American Earth Snakes....probably [FONT=arial,helvetica,verdana]Carphophis amoenus

The blind snake that gordo found looks too large to be tovelli, also tovelli are usually pinkish as opposed to blackish....I am thinking Ramphotyhlops braminus

Cheers,
Scott
[/FONT]

What the hell. How can you find them? I have trouble trying to find my hatchy Jacky in his tank. 3 Day Old Mice Tails, wow that is very small. What do you keep them in? Food containers? lol

blind snakes would be very very difficult to keep as they eat ants. Planning on keepin g an ant colony??
Most blind snakes have a mouth under the head, as in moved right back and have no eyes, just spots. This is due to their eating habits on going into an ant's nest and having eyes would mean the ants would just gouge out the eyes.
Blind snakes also have smooth but tough skin, and they tend to curl up when disturbed.
The first one doesn't look like a blind snake... but I think it is very very cute

The blind snake that gordo found looks too large to be tovelli, also tovelli are usually pinkish as opposed to blackish....I am thinking Ramphotyhlops braminus[/FONT]

Oh righteo. This is the difficulty in trying to pick an ID on a snake I've never come across personally. a) I'm completely hopeless at looking at something and judging it's measurement in mm, cm, m etc. b) the pics you see sometimes aren't the best - in the shots I have seen of Tovellis they look quite black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back