King Sirloin the legend,...!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
its a bit of a long and painful story, but heres the short version,..

about a year ago i had huge plans to build a bunch of enclosures, purchased about $1000 in materials and got to work with a hand saw, screw driver, screws and a drill,...believe it or not they looked so crappy i put them in the garage, i was so disillusionjed with my lack of skill there was no point in buying glass and tracks of wasting another second on them.

i was on the verge of taking them to the tip and spending a fortune on ready made enclosures when i met King Sirloin (well, thats his user name, real name is Craig)
we live near each other so we decided to check out each others setups and i discovered the guy is an absolute legend when it comes to building stuff,.....i asked him to look at my disgraceful work and see if he could do anything to save my lame attempts,.. :)

so he took away teh 2 jungle enclosures first, and returned them 2 weeks later, next he took my 5x2 foot gecko enclosure and returned that a week later, currently he has one that hes splitting into 2 for me,....which i cant wait to see,..
the pegboard was my idea of ventilation, Craig cut additional slits in the sides which is much better,...and looks so neat!!

so heres some pix of his handy work, im sooo impressed, they look even better than they looked in my head!! :)
mum is so impressed shes asked me to ask Craig to make her some bedside tables,...
hes so quick and his work is beautiful,...Thanks Craig fro finishing my enclosures! you are an absolute legend!!

see the perfect joins where he cut the door in,..

i love how he carved a bit out of the wood to set the sliding tracks in,...it looks so professional,..!!

the door locks are fantastic, teh jungles use them to get to the top shelf,..(i havent finished setting up the inside yet,....but wanted to post pix of Craigs handywork,..
tehy stack together beautifully, and the heat panels form teh jungle enclosures heat the sand in the gecko enclosure,..there will be a wall full when he finished the rest! :)

and lastly Ra, loving life in his new home,... (Ra is my snexy boy bred by Colin)

so i lied about this being the short version, im just too happy with my new enclosures to shut up about tehm! :)

thanks Craig, and to anyone who wants something special built get in touch with Craig, hes posted some pix of other enclosures here that look fantastic,..!!!

GENIUS!!!!

Attachments

• corners.jpg
    corners.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Sliding doors.jpg
    Sliding doors.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Ra's enclosure.jpg
    Ra's enclosure.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 236
  • stacked.jpg
    stacked.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Ra.jpg
    Ra.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 227
Nice handywork Craig.
Got any before shots so we can see the difference?

ahh, dont have pix of my talentless efforts with me, there are a bunch of cages Craig hasnt touched yet in the garage, they were all of the same crappy quality till he got his hands on them,...!! :)

i'll post pix of them tommorrow! :)

my very lame attempts

ok, dont laugh and dont ask me what the hell i was thinking, lol, and remember i have no tools!! :)

heres the original boxes i made,....see the edges doing a bad job of lining up, the decorative screw holes everywhere?,..... they were cos i was having trouble getting them straight, lol,...didnt want sliding glass track on all of them but had no idea how to make doors,....bit of a pickle really,...!!

excuse all the crap in them, what else could i do with a garage full of ply boxes? :)

Attachments

• crap.jpg
    crap.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 117
  • my lame attempts.jpg
    my lame attempts.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 114
back to the good ones

the geckos are sooo loving their new enclosure, this is a better pic to show the ventillation slits Craig cut in,...(and some REALLY CUTE geckos, lol,...)

im impressed at how well the heat panels from the jungle enclosures heat the gex sand, no more heat mats, yay!!!

Attachments

• gex loving life.jpg
    gex loving life.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 105
Cages look great! Are slits for ventilation hard to seal against moisture which may swell the timber if it enters. Is it a potential hard to clean site?

Thanks for the awesome comments Chris, much appreciated.

I'm glad you like the end result, and I like the way you've organised them. Plenty more to go so it'll be really something to see the whole room fitted out.

Cheers,
Craig.

no worries Craig! thanks for the awesome enclosures!! :) :) :)

im so spewing that the residents for the one u dropped off on sunday dont arrive till like march next year!!
I decided it might be better fro the new diamonds im getting instead of the beardies, or might use the bottom section for Larry so he at least has run of the snake room (im at least babysitting him, jim hopes the kids wont want him back)....its so nice to have SPARE enclosure space rather than having to worry about arranging something new every time i get the urge to go reptile shopping! :)

gonna move it in on the weekend anyway though, i cant wait till my wall full is finished!!!

and ill post pics of it then! :)

cant wait till the geckos feedign enclosure is done, im getting sick of chasing the left over crickets/roaches around before i put their furniture back in!!

Awesome work KingSirloin! If you were in SA I'd be offering to pay you to make some up for me, I'm in desperate need of some new enclosures! Chris1 it'll look fantastic when it's all finished! :D

he has built me one aswell i WILL get pictures up i promiss king im sorry i always get around to it but i never actaully go through ill get some NOW (if i can find cmaera) and post some more in this thread

If you can see the picture the vent is on the inside of the cage to prevent the snake from pushing it out BUT he has also made it smooth (dont no techincal term) and rounded it off
001.jpg

The Cages he made (better then the $50 cages in my other enclosure that if a light globe goes you ave to take the whole cage off and then screw back in you can also see the vents slightly
002.jpg

The handles he put on (mind the smudge marks around the handle my bad haha) also you can sort of see the sliders dont just go on the top and bottom but on the sides which is great because i can always tell if its shut properly and there is no way of the animal opening it
003.jpg

The lock that he supplied for me also very good
004.jpg

He ALSO made this base for it if you can see in the picture which is great as it is on the floor there is also 2 piece of wood which you cant see but thats what the base fits around
005.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back