Snake scale change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHappy

Reaction score
I've got a new Atherton Jungle (10 months old) and I just noticed that one of her scales has changed colour (now much paler). It's one of the light scales in the 'nose' part of the 'koala head pattern' on her head. I'm sure it wasn't that colour a few minutes ago.
Any advice?

Why the 'lmao'?
I find it strange that this has happened and I hope there is nothing to be concerned about.
I don't get the joke.

Wow I don’t know what could be wrong! A few minutes ago? It has nothing to do with shedding does it? Maybe it’s nothing major, but I really don’t know.

That has happened to me before with one of my snakes, nothing to worry about, for me I just gave him a bath in warm water to loosen the skin up and the next day all the 'bad scales' came off with the shed.

BTW if you are able to get a picture up it may be able to give more insight as to what is wrong, I’m finding it a bit hard to visualise what it looks like.

Okay scrap that, I hope Rainbow-Serpent has the right answer for you!

Here's a pic. It came on extremely quickly. Maybe she is due for a shed, but it doesn't seem as though that is it.

Attachments

• P1060794.jpg
    P1060794.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 107
Mines change wasn't that big!
I think it might be completely by chance which scale does that. I'd just wait until she sheds and see how it goes, and if it's still there, then I'd take her to the vet.

I got her two days ago so I'm not sure. She seems very alert and healthy.

No Billiemay, it's the scale - it's changed colour.
I keep checking on her and she seems fine. Out and about - moving around.
It's just weird though.

Everything was fine. I looked at her . . .and then a couple of minutes later it had changed.
that'd be weird to see a sudden change in a matter of few minutes. yeah i reckon call up the previous owner. hopefully he/she is helpful!

Were you holding her when it happened or was she in the tank? Is it possibly a burn from a globe or something?

No globe/lamp at the moment. It's nice and warm here in Nth Qld now.
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with her. I'm letting her be and keeping an eye on her.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back