The 3 stooges

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
These are my 3 darlings - good looking but with the attitude of an unleashed doberman. I am convinced their purpose in life is not to procreate but to kill me.

As soon as I lift the glass, the yellow one strikes with such velocity that he flies off his perch and ends up on the floor outside the cage. After a few crush-landings like that I shifted his cage to the floor level.

The speckled one (most probably a female) is the canny one. She waits till I invade her personal space and then strikes repeatedly in a taipan-like fashion with incredible accuracy.

The last one hasn't developed any personal strategy yet, it's just keen to savage me any time in any way it can.

I am certainly not going to breed from these for the temperament and I am dreading the day when they grow up to a metre or so. Boy, do I appreciate my docile natives!

cheers
Michael

A5.jpg

B3.jpg

C5.jpg

Wow those black spots are really prominant, are they aggresive during the day?

Stunning Michael, have you ever had any that have kept the speckling into Adulthood ?

I would expect them to keep the speckling. They're now 14 months old. The yellow often turns green as they mature but the black should stay on.

Lovely! Looks like they played up to their names and wouldn't sit still for a photo. The yellow one (Larry, I presume?) even looks cranky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back