My current setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Just thought I would put up some pics of my herp room...actually it is a combination herp and wii / piano room but this is the best I can do in the house...The room is downstairs so the summer temp is a constant 26-27 degrees (used to be about 24 but the heat from the enclosures has bumped that up a bit).

The tubs will have (2 x spotted blondes..already there, 2 x stimsons, 3 x womas, 1 x Darwin).

The large beech enclosure below has a male Darwin which was my first snake (from Slateman).

The Bottom white enclosure is empty and just contains spare equipment for now (It will be the hatchling darwins enclosure when she gets bigger).

The middle enclosure contains a coastal which was a freebie from wires (was found in a warehouse in Camperdown I believe). She loves to roam around the glass at night once the lights go off and seems to enjoy rubbing against it.

The top enclosure is for the shinglebacks. (You can just see one in the pic).

The other 4 on the right are empty and waiting for the Anteresia hatchlings when they get bigger. Still have to get the 3 x womas built but plenty of time for that.

All the white enclosures were built by Dickyknee who does a great job for the price...thoroughly recommended, if you can get to Wollongong its worth the trip.

Anyway, was a little bored so decided to put up some pics.

Attachments

• IMGP1522.JPG
    IMGP1522.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMGP1523.JPG
    IMGP1523.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP1525.JPG
    IMGP1525.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMGP1526.JPG
    IMGP1526.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 196
Very Nice enclosures, I really like the landscaping in them.

Do you find your darwin spends just as much time on the ground as in the perches?
I have a yearling Darwin and was always under the impression they were mainly arboreal, but mine spends 90% of the time on the ground. I was thinking of building him a 4x2x2 instead of a 2x4x2.

His usual 24 hour cycle is to remain in his hide in the morning...in the late afternoon he pokes his head out and has about 30cm of his body lying on the terracotta tile with the rest in the hide until the evening. He loves to watch everything...I have yet to win a staring competition against him..he can out stare me all the time :D Lol still waiting for him to blink (joke)

Once it is dark in the room he will venture out and probably spends about 50% of his time on the floor (roaming) and the other 50% stretched along the branch.

I understand they are mostly arboreal but I guess we have to bear in mind we are placing them in an artificial environment so they may not act as per their wild nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back