Some of my fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome fish Mr Noxious :D Am quite a sucker for the larger catties, though I would more than love to get my hands on a fire eel, stunning creatures! But whilst I gots no moneys & their relative rarity in Oz, I continue to pine away lol. One day, one day ;)

Yeah no worries mate, I'm due to drop in anyway & grab some of those feeder koi for my gudgeon.

nice mate, most people dont know that we are open till 8 30 on thursdays so most people drop by after work, what sort of gudeon? a snakehead?

nice mate, most people dont know that we are open till 8 30 on thursdays so most people drop by after work, what sort of gudeon? a snakehead?
Yep, 2x snakehead gudgeon, & a purple spotted gudgeon. Also got Empire Gudgeon, although lost a nice big male recently. No one has any EGs with any size to them, they're all too small & would get eaten in my tank. If you hear of any sleepy cod 10cm+ come up, let us know ;)

Hey Noxious, after the earlier posts I was inspired to go to Riverside Aquarium on the weekend & check out what they have. They have a couple of alligator gar, green arowana, red tail cats for sale, had one stingray (same as the pic I posted earlier) & a few other cats hard to find. I know you're in WA, but if you were keen, they may be able to organise shipping etc, maybe.

Bamboo sharks. Grew these guys to about 30" before selling them onto a guy with a large indoor SW pond.

sharkies3.jpg

sharkies2.jpg

sharkies.jpg

another of the tiger bichir

toiger.jpg

Noxious, got any flowerhorns?
this is my pair
[video=youtube;e_kDB0qPVtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kDB0qPVtA[/video]

electric catfish

ecat-1.jpg
Very impressive, M.electricus? i didn't think i'd ever hear of them in Aus. Was/is it yours? how big is it now? The pike is nice too they are a big fish( tankbuster) how big did it get? Have you ever had pike live-bearers B.belizanus(Piketop minnow)

Last edited:
Everyones fish look amazing. I have recently been thinking of getting back into keeping fish again.

Previously have kept many different species from community tropical tanks to a Mangrove Jack that i grew from about 5cm to over 2ft (will search for some pics). I am now however facing the hard choice of what to buy now as i loved the mangrove jack and his agressive nature but realy dont know how to top that.

Am looking at something that will start small but can potentialy get to a reasonable size over time (renting again for the next year so cant do another custom tank till i buy a house).

Would love anyones help or advice.

PS sorry to hijack your post

Keep the photos coming guys this stuff is amazing!!

Noxious do you think you could post some pictures of the SW tank (s) and the filtration your using, im guessing you have a few sumps going with the amount of bioload in those tanks!

Sweet fish guys, i was breeding discus and assorted bristlenose but cleared most of it out to make way for more reptiles. I still have a dozen plus albino gibb's left Up 20cm that i am still selling or trading? if any one keen pm me

Very impressive, M.electricus? i didn't think i'd ever hear of them in Aus. Was/is it yours? how big is it now? The pike is nice too they are a big fish( tankbuster) how big did it get? Have you ever had pike live-bearers B.belizanus(Piketop minnow)

Currently about 14" and 5 years old. All the literature says they get to 36". I have never seen one anywhere near that size, in the flesh or even on the web. Most people I have spoken to have got them to 12 - 16" max. Yes it is M electricus, I think M microstoma may get larger. Never kept pike live-bearers.

Everyones fish look amazing. I have recently been thinking of getting back into keeping fish again.

Previously have kept many different species from community tropical tanks to a Mangrove Jack that i grew from about 5cm to over 2ft (will search for some pics). I am now however facing the hard choice of what to buy now as i loved the mangrove jack and his agressive nature but realy dont know how to top that.

Am looking at something that will start small but can potentialy get to a reasonable size over time (renting again for the next year so cant do another custom tank till i buy a house).

Would love anyones help or advice.

PS sorry to hijack your post

Mangrove jacks are great fish. If you like the temprament of the Jack go a peacock bass. Veracious feeders with alot of personality once they get some size. There are Monocs readily available, and some Temensis around from time to time now. I'd probably recommened the monocs for a first time pbass keeper as they are cheaper and more manageable as they grow.

Keep the photos coming guys this stuff is amazing!!

Noxious do you think you could post some pictures of the SW tank (s) and the filtration your using, im guessing you have a few sumps going with the amount of bioload in those tanks!

Post a pic of my reef tank when I get home. My reef tank suprisingly doesnt have a sump on it. Just two large protein skimmers that are directly hooked up to the tank with a massive amount of live rock, I lost count of kgs, and thankfully dollars spent.

super jealous of your giant gourami! i used to have one - he was about 11 years when i gave him away so sad but i couldnt afford a tank to suit his needs at the time.
i later found out he got hole in the head and died due to poor living conditions...NOT HAPPY!!! havent seen one for sale in years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back