Some of my fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, is he really smart? I feel like getting a needle, thats insane.

super jealous of your giant gourami!
i later found out he got hole in the head and died due to poor living conditions...NOT HAPPY!
ROFL LMAO LOL OMG

This is my fish.. its so hot
n844834823_1719117_6234472.jpg

I feed him fish flakes and he was 5 bucs, names charkill cause he kills other fish and he's all charcolish lol

some very cool looking fish there. what kind of predatory fish can we get here in aus? i know theres saratogas and gars and stuff but what else. can we get anything with a nice set of teeth? lol

some very cool looking fish there. what kind of predatory fish can we get here in aus? i know theres saratogas and gars and stuff but what else. can we get anything with a nice set of teeth? lol

I assume you are talking about Asutralian natives as I live in Aus.

Some cool aussie natives to check out if you like predators are; Murray cod, mangrove jack, mouth almighty, barra, Sawfish, some grunter species and sleepy cod.

super jealous of your giant gourami! i used to have one - he was about 11 years when i gave him away so sad but i couldnt afford a tank to suit his needs at the time.
i later found out he got hole in the head and died due to poor living conditions...NOT HAPPY!!! havent seen one for sale in years!!

There are plenty of GG's around if you ask around. Many LFS won't get them in unless they have a definite buyer as they can grow fairly quickly and don't get along with each other so often need to be in a tank on their own (which decreases the amount of stock the store can carry) I have two (a pink and a normal) and love having them although the normal is a pain with feeding as he goes on hunger strikes when he gets bored and wants a new food.

Yeah most gold fish that are black and stuff are kinda predatory, just depends what colours you put with them, and Beta (siamese fighting fish) fight, lock jaws, and wrestle each other into the pebbles, quite fun to watch, although illegal, whoops lol

wow these are some awesomely impressive fishies!! id love to see their setups, some of these guys are massive!

Gday wasgij,
If you want a predatory native with teeth, you probably can't go past a mangrove jack.

Otherwise, you can get things like snakehead gudgeon or sleepy cod. My snakeheads smash feeder fish, & my old sleepy was the best hunting fish I had. He'd change colour when he was hunting, from a uniform dark grey to an almost white back. Great fish to watch.

Snakehead Gudgeon
10021705.jpg

10021706.jpg

Sleepy cod
100_0741.jpg

Sleepy cod hunting
100_0756.jpg

thanks guys, also whats the deal with arowanas and gars and all those other foreign stuff, can they be kept here?

some great fish here, fantastic photos, Just before I got married many years ago, I had a 6 X 3 X3 tank and all I kept was a sarratoga, some barra, an eel , a plec, a gibbicept and a blue eye penac (sorry spelt wrong I know and he was my pride and joy), I spent hours upon hours watching them, the barras get a hunting stripe when they go into feeding mode, I wish I could get it all back.

Wow! That tiger birchir is awsome! Theyre so hard to get in QLD though. Also, was that a shovel nose cat I saw behind the red tail?

Thanks for the comments.

Yes it is a shovelnose catfish. Funny you say they are hard to get in QLD. Most of my fish have been shipped to me from either NSW and QLD the fish capitols of Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back