Gravid or Fat DeVis?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Guessing game time..... give me your thoughts on this DeVis...
Background, was paired with two males this season, mating was observed by by male on a few occasions, though the previous season she copped plenty with nil result. Since I have had her (first full season with me) I have worked hard on her feeding and now she (and one of her boyfriends) eats rat pinkies and velvet mice like there's no tomorrow... though he isn't fat... she has been stacking it on, thought she just may be fat untill she became opaque (as in the pics), two weeks after shedding! Now she has me wondering.... she has been eating well, though hasn't eaten alot in the past 2 weeks, and she ate one rat pup (was only offered one) about 1 week ago, just prior to going opaque.

So, take your guess..... Fat or Gravid... time will tell...
As my luck has been bad this year, I will say fat (with fingers crossed of course ;) )

y-4.jpg

yyyyy-3.jpg

yy-3.jpg

yyy-3.jpg

yyyy-3.jpg

Nice one mate.

My advise would be to go and buy a net, go to the nearest clean stream, and stock up on gambusia..... Just in case ;)

LOL, thats sooooo Old School.... thought you were up on the new techniques?
Here's one
yyyyyy-2.jpg

and the other is just to sell them from the cloaca...

It can be difficult to tell from pictures, but that last one makes it look gravid. The swelling is clearly in the posterior of the body, and the swelling has a distinct area. If it was fat you would expect the swelling to have a smoother distribution and not to be confined to that area. Of course, pictures can lie.

It looks massive in your hand and tiny with the pen!

Good luck :)

Fingers and toes crossed for you Jase,that she is gravid .....
lovely little thing anyhow, even if it turns out she is just a chubba ;)

In my completely uneducated opinion it's definitely gravid ..... or its just fat ....
But fingers crossed she will go for you mate , will be good to see some little ones .

Gee I really hope it is Wizz, This will be the highlight of my season if so........ They are one of my fav captives atm...

There`s a 50% chance im wrong but i think she could be gravid :);)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back