How can people do this to their pets!!! Its disgusting!!!! :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Lover_85

Reaction score
I am so sad :( and disgusted :x at what this poor little stray has obviously endured. Whoever owned her previously should be locked up and treated the same way IMO.:evil:
When we found her she was so timid no adult could aproach her :( as she feared she would be bashed. However children can approach her no worries and now so can I but it has taken a few days for me to gain her trust. She is such a lovely little girl why on earth, how on earth could someone do this to her and leave her like this. :shock::cry:

These photos actually make her look better than she does, she only has approx 40% hair on her body.

Pheobe 001.jpg
Pheobe 008.jpg
Pheobe 007.jpg
Pheobe 009.jpg
Pheobe 006.jpg

!!! poor little thing, are you going to look after her? Looks like some of that might besimple mange from the stress she's been through, else check your vets for a malaseb for pyohex shampoo if its bacterial or fungal. make sure you get thsoe ears checked out for mites and have her checked for ringworm too (contagious to humans!) good on you for looking out for her, does she have a name yet?

Absolutely disgusting, Lucky for ppl like you that have found her and giving her some happiness that she deserves.

She only looks young by the photos, and she has an absolutely gorgeous face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoo I really want to but I cant sadly, she is staying at my mums atm till we can find somewhere else (she already has 3dogs and I have 2). I gave her an antibacterial antifungal wash yesterday, you have to be careful what we use on her as she has a massive amount of broken skin and I dont want to irritate her any more than I have too. She enjoyed her bath though even though it was really cold she loved the gental massage and the towelling off cuddles and even scored a jumper after to prevent the poor little thing getting a chill :)
My daughter has named her PHEOBE.

SW she is beautiful and has already claimed my daughter and I, I think as everytime we are outside she is at our feet and the little bugger tried following me up the road when I left yesterday :(
Lol she was so funny last night though as when I got out of the car she was whigning with delight to see me then when my partner put his arm around me(she hasnt seen him before) she started barking at him(not viciously more yapping) Then when I wouldnt pat her she took my thong lol she funny little critter.

If you take her to the RSPCA you may have to surrender her, and if unclaimed can then adpot for a couple of hundread bucks.

If you do take her to the vet, check to see if she is chipped. Then report to the RSPCA. There may be special adoption options in the case of a mistreated animal.

Hey DL, really try and find someone experienced to take her on... an abused working dog, with over-protective tendencies (like the barking when your partner puts his arm around you) - there's a couple like this down my dog park, and their normal owners without advanced knowledge in dog psych and behaviour struggle constantly with behavioural issues. She look lovely, but will probably need some special guidance in the new few years to get her back to being a normal, balanced pet. Good luck!

Yeh I do a bit for a local rescue agency who is happy to fund this dogs veterinary however has nowhere atm to place her in foster care sadly. I am wary of surrendering and working dog breeds to RSPCA (and Im not saying they are bad, I infact have alot of respect for them in many ways)as their suitability tests are rarely passed by these breeds and with her already damaged her chances there are very slim.

bingo - I didn't mean to imply she couldn't be a great dog, but definitely has special needs after what she's been through, exacerbated by her working dog qualities... poor baby. what state are you in?

Poor baby it's gonna cost heaps to get her skin condition right and that is prob. why she has been dumped
I would take her but we already have 2 dogs
Hope she finds the owner she deserves
Cheers
Sandee :)

bingo - I didn't mean to imply she couldn't be a great dog, but definitely has special needs after what she's been through, exacerbated by her working dog qualities... poor baby. what state are you in?

Yeh I know that, its ok. I agree she does have special needs and will need a knowledgable carer for sure. I am in Central Queensland.
The old owners of this dog deserve nothing short of being locked up in a cage naked beaten and a bucket of mites thrown on them to see how they like it bloomin lowlives!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back