Beardies refusing to eat anything except pinkies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danandgaye

Reaction score
gone completely off their woodies not touching their greens but offer a pinkie and their into it straight away only had em on pinkies a little while but since then gone off everything else............?????????????

gone completely off their woodies not touching their greens but offer a pinkie and their into it straight away only had em on pinkies a little while but since then gone off everything else............?????????????

Pinkies to beardies is like junk food to us, they are high in fat content. Its like us eating nothing but mcdonlads or what ever.

Dont feed them for a few days then offer them woodies and vegies again. If they are hungry they will eat. Dont worry they wont starve to death :)

not worried about that lol only on 1 pinkie a week but refusing all other feeds in between

check the temperatures mate, my dragons and snakes have all stopped eating now due to the sudden drop in temps.. brumation would be the common and most probable cause to this.

Another thing- try feeding a mix of veges 2-3 times a week and the rest live food as there should be a mix between the two food types. so the dragons dont become attached to one food item.

Dont feed them for a few days then offer them woodies and vegies again. If they are hungry they will eat. Dont worry they wont starve to death :)

What he said. Just deprive them of pinkies, when they're hungry enough they'll switch to whatever you're providing them with.

Mine always eat less this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back