Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelialover

Reaction score
sup,

besides having a 'zoo's' license, is there any license or any way of legally owning a non native snake. in this case i'm referring to a Red Tailed Boa. i want one!

donkeys years ago there was an amnesty that allowed you to keep exotics that you had under a special licence with lots of conditions. eg cant breed, can only keep one of a species etc the licences were non transferable, im a lil cloudy on what the other condidions. i dont think there have been any more since then.

so out of the many species of australian snake and the many 1000's of lines and morphs you cant find one you like?

what are the features that you like about redtail boas so much

damn that sucks, ah well, ya get that ey, will have ta just stick with admiring them in pictures :p

so out of the many species of australian snake and the many 1000's of lines and morphs im not allowed to like a snake that 'isnt' australian?
theres plenty of Aussie pythons i love, Olive's, Red belly's, Waters, Tigers, Woma's (are my favs) but the red tailed boa is my favorite snake (green anaconda is 2nd, Olive python 3rd), and not one of the many 1000's of line and morphs look like them. i love the patterning of the boa, the red of its tail, and the shape of its head, not to mention there temperment, apparently one of the best boa's, very docile, good to handle etc.....and of course there size!

ive come across a few people like you, very partriotic, and i admire that, but that dosnt mean the rest of us cant enjoy the thought of owning our dream snake one day, even tho its not an AUS native, im getting the vibe from you that u dont like any snakes out side of AUS and i think thats sad, u say there 1000's of lines and morphs in AUS, Imagine what is out there in the rest of the world, there are amazingly beautifull snakes out there all shapes colours and sizes, you should love and admire them all than just dismisssing the idea of owning a none native snake.

no i do love alot of exotics and have had the oportunity to play with a fair few, my gripe was the fact you get heaps of people makeing threads weekly about legally keeping exotics when you know perfectly well it will never happen, kind of annoying really

if you like big heavy bodyed snakes all we have are olives or if you like chainsaws scrubs :D

yea i know that now, but not before i mad this thread. if u find it annoying, then dont read them, dont reply to them, just ignore them.

and yes i love olives and was >--< this close to buying one instead of my bredli :p, btu he was more eexpencive and seing my bredli now i know ive made the right choice. chainsaw scrubby?, dont think ive seen one, google time! cheers man ;)

this is a chainsaw lol
amyboot.jpg

Nothing wrong with a "chainsaw" scubby.LOL

Attachments

• DSCF6274 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6274 (Small).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF6289 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6289 (Small).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF6275 (Small).JPG
    DSCF6275 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 121
i know joemal i love em, regardless of the holes they put in you

hey joe offtopic you got any pics of the enclosure your using pm me if you like

5.jpg

Check out my mates scrubby on the ground next to me on my
profile page Shes a big girl and like to try bite lol

jeebus, iv seen a fair few pics like that of similar sized scrubs, definatly a handfull at that size and not a one person job dealing with em

my last pair were fairly calm im hopeing my new pair calm down also, but still id never let them near my face lol

Yeh haha we fed that one probs 10 minutes before that pic and I walked past and didn't even click it was there haha turned around and it was bout 3-4ft off the ground chasing me I pretty much $@&" myself haha

Thanx Joel umm yeh the scrubby Is a mates but the rest is mine I need to throw some more pics up of couple other snakes I own il get around to it eventually

yea i do like scrubby's beautiful pythons, but i dont have the area or facilities to accomodate one. one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back