albino darwin prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
Hey,

just wondering on the issue on albino carpet python prices. They use to be very expensive but this season they are very cheap ($1000-$2000).. anyone know why and does anyone know what will happen in the next year or two with their cost???

as the numbers being breed increases, the price drops... happens with every morph/animal, just that some take longer then others.
as for what will happen, in a year or two, there will probably be a free albino in every box of cereal. Seriously though, only time will tell!

but is it possible to guess what will happen do albino carpets in next year???? will they increase alot or decrease or just stay???

but is it possible to guess what will happen do albino carpets in next year???? will they increase alot or decrease or just stay???

Why would they increase a lot?

Have a read through the other thread, and your questions will most probably be answered.

cool, looks like $50 albinos this season! :lol:

hopefully the hobby will retain its integrity through this boom in popularity with so many idiots getting into it.

regardless, i can't wait to get my own albino and im not complaining that the price is coming down a little, 5,000 would have been just too much for me!

When it comes to predicting prices, the threads on APS are never boring, it doesn't take much to gain momentum. :D

cant see what the point of crossing jungle to darwin albino at the end of the day they will look exactly the same with slight different pattern but still white and yellow

i can see why people will cross jag to darwin albino's but thats about it

They should of done it with diamonds... a lot more white lol....

There are well known companies already selling them at that price! We might have to go lower! I can't wait to see how this thread is going to turn out!

There are well known companies already selling them at that price! We might have to go lower! I can't wait to see how this thread is going to turn out!

Do you think that the mix of low prices and the crossing of jungles to albino darwins will make people who are after a pure albino darwin a little suspicious as to what they are getting?

Do you think that the mix of low prices and the crossing of jungles to albino darwins will make people who are after a pure albino darwin a little suspicious as to what they are getting?

I for one wont buy of those that are crossing, the water in the carpet pool is muddy enough without this sort of thing!

Suit yourselves, they will be sold for what they are. No suspicion involved when the cards are on the table.

Suit yourselves, they will be sold for what they are. No suspicion involved when the cards are on the table.

I see what you're saying about having everything out in the open but trust isn't so black and white. Are you worried about how your snakes will now be perceived or is really as simple as "suit yourselves"?

I for one wont buy of those that are crossing, the water in the carpet pool is muddy enough without this sort of thing!
Yeah for sure, I'd be thinking twice too. No matter how far the prices drop, the integrity of the product should remain as the most important aspect (I know that sounds bad but the way some snakes are being sold now I think product is the most fitting word). I guess for anyone who just wants a white snake it's all good as the purity isn't relevant but in many peoples collections they will want to know what they are getting with as much certainty as possible.

they are all morelia to me . im a pet keeper. when i got my first albino .i was just after a albino carpet . it was breed in S.A . it made no difference to me when i was told its line came from a trailer park .. thought that sounded a bit cheap..

if i was to get another one this season $1000 would pull me up i think on a hatchie, $2000 on a 2 year old . but im not after anymore then a pet python so if it happens to be a cross between morelia and morelia im going to be happy as long as its healthy.

from albino prices to hybrids... this is going to get worse before it gets better.

It doesn't have to get worse. No-one can 100% tell people the cost this season or next season unless they will be the ones selling the snakes.

There seems to be so many issues involved in what is bringing down prices and the topic isn't a clear cut one, so some open discussion about sales prices and what people are getting for the amount they are willing to spend can only be a good thing.

This question regarding price seems to be asked by people wanting to know when they should consider buying an albino darwin, I think a discussion that covers as much information on the current albino darwin market can only help anyone considering a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back