Ridgetailed monitor Prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sclero,my female takes her time & all l can do mate is bite my nails.It takes her between 4 days 2 a week 4 her 2 lay
a clutch of 11 eggz.Then l'll put the male back in with her & she'll b ready 2 lay another clutch within 6 - 8 weekz after that.
I'll get at least 4 clutches a season from her sometimes she'll lay the eggz in a plastic container with a hole cut out in
the top lefthand corner of the side & full of wet red sand the lid & a sandstone tile on the container.Or she'll lay eggz all over the enclosure & thats when l have 2 keep an eye out just so thay dont dry out on me.

Roughly when do they hatch because i want the youngest one i can get?

Thank You

I paid $250 each for my pair and house them in a 1.5m long enclosure, 60cm deep and 40cm tall... get a pair. 10000x better than pythons.

Agreed.

The biggest mistake I ever made with Ackies was starting with one. I should have started with three!

I paid $250 each for my pair and house them in a 1.5m long enclosure, 60cm deep and 40cm tall... get a pair. 10000x better than pythons.

Ok so they dont cost that much just housing is what you have to spend on. I probs wont get pair depending on how old they breed at. I wont be breeding big animals until im older and have a house of my own (15 years old atm).

Forgot to say thanks for pics great setups.

Also hows there temperament ive heard they dont handle well like beardies but im only guessing it depends on how much you work on them kinda with every animal.

Feel free to correct me.

Ok so they dont cost that much just housing is what you have to spend on. I probs wont get pair depending on how old they breed at. I wont be breeding big animals until im older and have a house of my own (15 years old atm).

Forgot to say thanks for pics great setups.

Also hows there temperament ive heard they dont handle well like beardies but im only guessing it depends on how much you work on them kinda with every animal.

Feel free to correct me.
The pair thing isn't for breeding, it's for activity. An ackie by itself is a sad lonely sight... ackies in groups or pairs are much more entertaining and seem a lot happier.
Some ackies don't mind handling, others hate it. I have one of each.

oh ok ill prob get 2 then this wont be until march 2011 and how do i make sure they dont breed without seperating or sexing if i decide to breed later? I hope a get a pair that handle like puppies.

make SURE that you are prepared to seperate them if need be because sometimes they just don't get along regardless of sex, they
are not quite like beardies.

Can't handle any of mine , they are bloody fast when they are on the heat!

Yeah they are quick as... and they love it hot. The basking spot in my enclosure has been recorded by me at over 70 degrees and they lie under it for 10 mins at a time then rocket off

The only suggestion I would make is be critical in what ackies you get. There are quite a few breeders about so you wont have to worry about not founding any. Pick a colour pattern (or whatever you value the most) and then pick the best you can possibly find of that type. View the parents as this will give you an indication of what the hatchlings will look like as adults. I would say the average price would be around $250 but alot of the better quality stuff would be up to $350 or there abouts. Good luck with them I'm sure you will find them enjoyable as the rest of the keepers.

If you dont want to breed them but are keeping a pair together you can simply choose not to incubate the eggs.

bushfire that so easy at breeding season never would of thought of that. Most simplest thing to do.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back