1 eyed jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I was just checking out the jungle hatchies and doing there water when i noticed a wierd head pattern , when i had a closer look i noticed that the hatchy only has 1 eye , the other eye looks like it only has half a pupil .
Im hoping it will be able to feed ok and i will be keeping this little guy to give it a chance at life .
I had 1 pair of twins and im not sure if this was 1 of them but it might have been a bit squashed while devoloping .

1 eye willy.jpg1 eye willy3.jpg1 eye willy2.jpg

cheers nico

cool!!!! good luck with it, let us know what happens when its time to feed it.

I would have thought it would be alright to feed.......as snakes are very smell orientated.....lets hope it is just eyes and nothing else that might make feeding challenging.

Poor little thing

Elizabeth

lmao REM , it seemed to follow me around when i moved . It should still be able to smell and pick up the heat of the food im hoping . I have live pinky mice here , so i will try frozen first than try fresh killed and with any luck i wont have to resort to live feeding . Ill keep this thread up dated when they start feeding , i will get some better pics after there first shed aswell .
I dont think i will ever try breeding from it just incase it genetic , unless the REM market picks up lol .)

cheers nico

Just watch out when you post pics of 1 eyed Willy - last thing you'd want it to accidentally attach a pic from your "personal pics." ;)

So long as the snake feeds, it should be OK. Did you have any problems whilst incubating.... temps etc.?

Last edited:
lol , the eggs were dehydrated at the start and there was a couple of days where it went up 1-1.5 degree .

cheers nico

I've heard that temperature variations can cause birth defects. It's only hearsay and I'm definitely not an expert on the subject. Looks like he's going to be a cute snake and will probably hold a place dear to your heart.

Was inbreeding involved here?

I have no doubt it will survive admirably, unless there is an internal complication with the actual eye area physiology.

haha good on you for keeping him would be a different addition to any collection.

Kudos on giving the little guy a chance at life with you. I have my fingers crossed that he feeds well.

update

I thought i would give an update on one eyed willy , he/she has had 2 feeds so far and shed today ( still 4 hatchies left to shed ) . Its really calm and hasnt tried striking at me yet .
P2010429.jpgP2010416.jpgP2010417.jpgP2010428.jpg

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back