1 eyed jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jaw line is pretty out of shape on yours , do you think its more likly to be caused from incubation temps or a genetic thing ? Was it a twin by any chance ?

cheers nico

i know of guy about 7 odd years ago who had a clutch of stimsons, 6 if i recall correctly, where 5 of the hatchies had no eyes at all and 1 was normal. i know for a fact that atleast 2 of the no eyed ones survived well into adulthood. but then i lost contact with him (hes a friend of my ex) hes a very experienced keeper (35 odd years) and he seemed to think that it was due to temperature fluctuations during incubation.

ive got a palmerston krauss jungle that was born with one eye aswell, got off a mate and he didnt realise till few days before as it has a black spot where the eye supposed to be, but it has no affect on the feed what so ever, it would have to be one of my best feeding snakes

oww gl man aside from the absent eye its pretty spiffy snake with a nice head pattern hope the lil fella keeps going strong for ya

From the look of that hatchy doesnt really look asif its alive AM Pythons?
there's been heaps of 1 eye's this season!

Good luck with him, 'special needs' animals can make great pets. I have a friend with a one eyed parrot and a completely blind parrot that are both outstanding pets.

I have a friend who had a pair of water pythons hatch from the same egg. They both only have one eye but one has the left and the other has the right. Obviously not enough eyes to go around.
I can't imagine this would be a big problem with snakes as someone said they are mostly scent oriented. Plus in captivity there is no competition and always a food supply

yea no special care needed, and they are still very accurate as my little one eyed jungle never misses a chance to bite me haha, and never misses it food and growing strongly and healthy

poor like guy!
He will find his food fine.....in the dark :)
Reptile City have a 3-4 yr old woma with one eye and he is doing fine..he is for sale :) I was like OHHHH patch! :)
keep us posted on his progress

He is going good , his one of the biggest out of the clutch and has a lot lighter yellow than the others .
these pics were taken a couple of months ago , i will take some fresh shots tomorrow .

1 eye willy2.jpg

cheers
Nico

1 eye willy.jpg

Thats a serious deformative good on you for caring for a one eyed snake just watch out for its blind side

I love the one eyed trouser snake named willy :) LOL!

Im guessing he is not for sale ?

Nah his not for sale sorry , he is a very relaxed jungle and likes to explore when his out so one of the favorites with the kids .

I have to say; he's an absolutely gorgeous jungle! I wouldn't call it a deformity, just a permanent wink lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back