Is there "somethink" we can do about this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY "FANKS " instead of THANKS...or say 'FREE DOLLARS " instead of three dollars ...THERE ARENT ANY FREE DOLLARS PEOPLE!!!!!..oh and lets not forget punkin its PUMPKIN!!!!!!!

I don't use the word "youse" with my written/spoken english, but I always thought it was probably just "You guys" shortened ;) - "You's" lol

hoo cairs wat u spel like. its al valid in englis anyway. its a made up langwidge. the rools r not that old. just a bunch of uptites wanting to standerize everyfing is al. its not lik we r french.
was rong wif punkins RBB, and what about chimlys but youse donte haf em wers youse r aneewaas.

hoo cairs wat u spel like. its al valid in englis anyway. its a made up langwidge. the rools r not that old. just a bunch of uptites wanting to standerize everyfing is al. its not lik we r french.
was rong wif punkins RBB, and what about chimlys but youse donte haf em wers youse r aneewaas.
PUNKIN drives me insane Pete ;) ...........ha ha ha love ya post ...

I am a student teacher, although my majors are textiles/food tech/wood work/metal work etc, I am still quite anal on spelling, in fact, I judge people on their spelling (which is a little horrible).
I never learnt how to spell properly, in fact I couldn't even read properly until after I dropped out of school, so I guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite.. but at least I learnt how to spell properly in the end!
My pet hate is people who spell things wrong on purpose, eg, Buh instead of But... WHY!?!?! It uses the same amount of letters to spell 'but', it's not like they are shortening it in any way, I don't understand!?!?

Best thing about this post is it's educational for me. I've been trying to improve my spelling and grammar since about July last year when i started year 10 at Tafe, problem is i can't pronounce some words because of a throat injury when i was a kid. An example is water i say it like wader so i try to avoid saying it. i had no idea that you's is not a real word, so instead of saying "you's were" i should say "the two of you were". If anyone could read this and point out any mistakes i've made i would really appreciate it.

Whilst incredibly petty, the use of 'ect' instead of 'etc' drives me nuts! The word is etcetera god damn it! Or if you really wanna be picky et cetera, et meaning 'and' cetera meaning 'the rest'. Cheers.

Did anyone else freak out and check and check and check their spelling before posting here?

true story... working at a school yesterday, rolling turf, a teacher walks past with 25+ kids about 7-8yo, the teacher stops & says.'see kids thats how grass grows, in rolls.. pretty clever hey'...well 4 of us looked at each other & one bloke says 'is this what they teach kids at school, no wonder my 16yo is pregnant'...

Did anyone else freak out and check and check and check their spelling before posting here?

Do it all the time chrisso, it's just common courtesy towards other people. Plus it doesn't make you look and sound like an absolute drongo.

a pet hate of mine is when people say 'Capsicun' its capsicuM!!! and when someone says ongion, instead of onion, my cooking teacher used to say it all the time. AAAGRH!! lol

The problem is Colin, nobody uses it.

Woohoo! Should be a comma after 'is', as in 'the problem is, Colin, nobody uses it...' otherwise... the problem is Colin... but we all know that already! :)

Jamie

next time I see you jamie, remind me I owe you a good punch in the ribs :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
¡¡sɯǝןqoɹd ʞɔǝu ʇǝb ʇou puɐ ʇı pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ sɐ buoן sɐ sǝɹɐɔ oɥʍ

Woohoo! Should be a comma after 'is', as in 'the problem is, Colin, nobody uses it...' otherwise... the problem is Colin... but we all know that already! :)

Jamie

LOL! Just like the old panda who eats, shoots, and leaves!

I am all for the evolution of the language, don't get me wrong. Thanks to the boy, I actually say "lol" out loud now. To intentionally reshape words for no logical reason, however, is the next step on the way to a full blown Idiocracy...

[video=youtube;y0O7_3o3BrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back