Lost Jungle in the house

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeloofluff

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I awoke this morning to find that my 1m Jungle python has escaped. Ive turned the house upside down trying to find him, but i live in a converted garage with a million nooks and crannies he could have gotten into.
I have a big thawed rfat sitting atop his enclosure, but is there any other way to try and get him home?
Any help would be really appreciated. I really love this snake :'(

dont stop looking it took me like 6 hours straight to find one of my hatchling spotteds. just look everywhere he will hopefully be curled up some where warm Good Luck Hope you find him

took me all day to find my spotted, searched the whole house, but ended up being only 2m from the enclosure curled up near the window..
appart from searching, you can spread powder on the floor tonight and follow the tracks in the morning..
Sorry i cant be of more help..
hope you find it.

My advice would be wait for dark, turn everything off & stay quiet/still, they'll normally venture out when they think the coast is clear.
That's how I found a 50cm stimmie last week cruising round the kitchen half hour after dark...

Thanks for all the advice guys... Will do. Im still searching for him, but have a feelinmg he will show himself eventually. My Boyfriend just woke up, and is not pleased

When i do find him, im going to ducttape a bell on him >.<

Last edited:
Make sure you try high areas like bookshelves and tops of windows. Jungles are climbers and like to go high. Like Matt said waiting for dark is also a good plan.
I lost one for two weeks and just when I'd given up on her she got into the budgie cage and ate my brother's bird. She was thin enough to get in but after the meal too fat to escape again. So you could try a simple "trap" like that too

think of the most crazy small dark space you can think of...eg under fridge front lip... ( seen that b4 )
also think up high...hight is safty for them so they will be looking for somewhere tight and dark but more then likey up hight...
I have had one get out once and still till today I can not work out how he got up where he did...unreal! like they can fly or somthing...also second time we had a jail brake ...went down the hall into another bed room..into the walk in robe..got the the top level ( need a chair to unhook top n jackets from up their ...and he was in a sleeve in a jacket...took me about 7 days and nights of turning the house upside down...put baby powder all over the floors etc so if he came out at night or when i was out of the house I could see a trail....SO PLZ dont give up!!! :)

p.s also helped a mate find his...but could not do my baby powder trick ( carpet ) BUT started doing all the same things...ended up finding him via.. leaving food out ( not to long ) heats mats with hide rocks...that did not work ...put the laptop out so we could film the whole room rec for 24/7 and have a look...he was only a little hatchie..and was hiding in the bookcase...butwas climbing into the spine of a book and hiding there..we picked up all the books b4 moving out the bookcase to look behind ( he picked that book up not me ..i checked all my end hahaha )

dont give up keep looking...and keep us all posted :)
all the best
Zeke

Last edited:
I read in another thread that someone suggested putting plastic bags around, so if they move through them at night you'll hear them? And to listen for things being knocked over at night?

my spotted got out and was in the box right new to the cage and on feed night i left the op open see where she would go and was back in the box. try window seals and box's in the bed draw set everything even if you think he wont be able to get in to it cause the are smart.

dont for get the back of washers and dryers too

If this makes you feel any better i have lost one diamond and a spotted both times i forgot to shut the door (IDOT) but got both back the spotted i lost for 2 weeks, i found her in the garge one store down and 50 meters of open grass, away wrapped under one of my rat cages dog found her. The diamond only a little girl i found a week later she was hanging from a light fitting above my bed! It will turn up! Best bet walk around sneaky like at night and turn the lights on quick to see if you can catch it changeing hinding spots!

Once we found my housemates carpet python by turning on her air-con AND a small bar heater. She found the snake about 6 hours later curled up under the heater. I don't think it's the best way ... i don't imagine that air-con is too good for them, but it worked.

as said above jungles are climbers so so always look high for them and also as suggested look at nite !

a friend of mine lost the jungle i sold her and she found it in the air con 2 nites ago after 3 weeks missing

i am not so happy i breed many pythons and currently have missing

1 * Golden Crown ( Mid Ven )
1 * Childrens Python
1 * Coastal Python

Golden crown was a rescue , ALL were released in break in

stuff have vens out on the loose in the house :O my lord...brings new meaning to a midnight run to the fridge :p haha

Thanks very much for all the ideas! I'm still looking, put out the rat on a heat mat in his feeding tank. Im keeping my hopes up, i know he'll turn up and I wont give up. Gonna keep the cats upstairs until he's found. I'll keep u posted, im gonna try turning on the air con now

xoxoxoxo thanks again

My Jungle is still very much loose in the house :( Even after several strips of the house to try and find him. Now begins the first night of an Awol snake *locks up the cats* any more ideas to get me through the night? Is it worth staying up to try and find him?

Last edited:
He will turn up. It's pretty difficult for them to get out of the house. Like I said mine turned up two weeks later and that was outside

Lost CoastallxDiamond

I had lost my python for 5 days & was relieved to finally find him after a few ideas that i had read here. I had turned the place upsidedown & still no python.He is only 7 weeks old,so quite small. But after isolating a few rooms,using the babypowder technique. i was able to finally locate him in the spareroom,nestled in a small open cardboard box. I had looked in the box days earlier & he wasnt in there,but must have crawled in later.
So thanks for the help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back