NSW DECC online licencing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After dealing with DEC last week geting my class 2 licence I sugested electronic payments/permits would make it a lot simpler maybe there next step will sending the permit number on line as well.NSW certainly have a complicated licencing system even though my licence was granted in 2 days

If they get the system running, it will save them heaps of time, because WE will do the data entry for them! As it is, we have to fill in boxes and they have to enter everything into a central computer system to keep track of it (in theory). If online and correctly managed, it will make their management much more efficient AND make our lives easier. Bring it on!

If they get the system running, it will save them heaps of time, because WE will do the data entry for them! As it is, we have to fill in boxes and they have to enter everything into a central computer system to keep track of it (in theory). If online and correctly managed, it will make their management much more efficient AND make our lives easier. Bring it on!

They actually contract the data entry out and the books are stored elsewhere, they only call upon them when they need to investigate.

Yeah from stories I've heard there are many books that probably never get checked. If you want to look for the deviousness behind this you could say this will make it easier to keep track of people who buy/sell illegally, allow their licences to expire while still owning animals etc. because they could just have automatic look up programs for this kind of stuff

Whats that NSW are actually catching up with QLD..This will be alot better for both parties if-when it takes off...

haha I will beleive it when I see it also.[/QUOTE

They just want to show how efficient they are because they know the new premier will be getting out the big stick with heads of departments,theyll be running round like headless chooks at hurstville "look at me bossy ime so efficient,look at the cash ime bringing in". "Look how great we are"
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
They actually contract the data entry out and the books are stored elsewhere, they only call upon them when they need to investigate.

No need to contract out - saves money. Always a hit in any organisation!

Great news if it happens.

Am I an old cynic though to think DEECW is helpful when it comes to collecting money but unhelpful in other areas of licensing ie communicating about the new regulations about cage sizes etc?

Thanks for putting this topic up colin,i will believe it when i see it.
Beware of DECCs bearing gifts ! :lol:
haha I will beleive it when I see it also.

The permits on line is definitely happening zulu & Fay because I was invited to test it out and saw the DECC website link yesterday, registered and applied online.. so its definitely happening soon. The E-Books are in the pipeline and it was suggested they should be up and running for our returns this April. which will mean we might have to copy our information from the record book to the on line E-Book and hit the lodge button. I'm sure they will still have the paper books for those without internet access or those that ask especially in the transition period.

The drawback so far is that after applying online we still have to wait for a paper version to be mailed out :rolleyes: I've suggested that they PDF the permits and email us, an idea they really seem to like and hope they take on board.

I also suggested that it would be fantastic if we could apply online, pay online and then download the permit and print it off ourselves. This would be so much of a time saver and the DECC would have a record of our online application so they could check the details at their leisure and if there was a problem contact the keeper involved.

The response to that was at present due to ongoing compliance issues the DECC want to check applications before signing their approval and don’t expect this to change in the short term.. But I'm trying to push this idea if I can.

Im hoping there may be a compromise with the issue of us being to instantly downlad the permit and the DECC compliance issue of wanting to check applications before signing. IF we could download a "temporary permit" with an actual number so we could begin freighting procedures it would be fantastic.. the DECC could (as per the usual current system) check the online application and once satisfied alls good then sign.. after official signing by the DECC the official permit could be emailed to us via PDF or post the official one out as per current system. Any problems they see with the temporary permit could be resolved via email etc and I feel this could suit both keepers and the DECC.

Its not such a different idea to when (not that long ago) we could phone up the DECC and get our IE permit number over the phone and to freight while the actual paper permit was still in transit.

Surely this suggestion (or something similar) could be introduced to help both reptile keepers and the DECC and it would be a huge goodwill gesture by the DECC to the reptile keepers of NSW. I'm going to suggest this today to see if they will at least discuss it and think about this..

Last edited:
Its not such a different idea to when (not that long ago) we could phone up the DECC and get our IE permit number over the phone and to freight while the actual paper permit was still in transit.

Is this no longer the case? I was looking at freighting something soon and was under the assumption I would be able to ring and get the number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this no longer the case? I was looking at freighting something soon and was under the assumption I would be able to ring and get the number.

Im pretty sure this stopped some time last year but I may be wrong. I remember speaking to a DECC employee last year and wanted to get the number over the phone, and was told that this practice had been stopped and no longer available. You could try I guess..

This would be a huge step forward, let's hope it happens sooner rather than later.

i have been callin NP for about a week. have had one phone call answered and was asked to call back the day after to see if my import permit had been recieved. 20 plus attemps and one call answered. THEY ARE A JOKE.
the less we have to "deal" with anyone there the better. bring on online licencing.

I applied online for an export permit 3-March-2011 and just received an email with the export permit today 16-March-2011

still way too long in my opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back