NSW DECC online licencing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too Colin, only mine is an Import Licence. Applied online on the 3rd and just checked emails and have one from DECC with a copy of the licence attached.
Agree still too long of a turnaround.

I applied online for an export permit 3-March-2011 and just received an email with the export permit today 16-March-2011

still way too long in my opinion..

I applied the same day as you Colin , just got it today , I used to get it heaps quicker when I sent a fax ...

I would rather they keep the $3.00 discount and send me the permit straight away..

I can't see why it's not integrated and given to you straight away.

Or even changed the import numbers to be the online rference number.

Not much we can do about it really , but it just seems so pointless to set up a new online system that takes longer than the old way did ..

There is a way to get the permits quickly , by the end of the following working day , but its an extra $30.00 fee .

In all fairness .... I did send off details for a permit today and with in a few hours I had the permit emailed to me.

I've been holding a Woma hatchling for a guy who is waiting for his licence. He sent the form away mid Feb is rang them today to see what was happening and was told that they have been inundated and it is being processed!!!!! What a joke!!!!

In all fairness .... I did send off details for a permit today and with in a few hours I had the permit emailed to me.

was this online dicky? a few hours is pretty good.. hope this will be the normal turnaround speed from now on..

Yeah the difference is though so did I from Friday, I think someone was just cleaning the backlog, and dicky you may have just been lucky

So one took 13 days but the latest one you did (yesterday) was done and sent to you within a few hours?

Also was it online or via fax?

The latest was one was online too , might have just caught them on the day they do them ....

15 days since I lodged online & still waiting for my import permit. I posted away for an import permit about a month ago & got it in the post 3 days later so I won't be using the online service next time.

Last edited:
15 days since I lodged online & still waiting for my import permit. I posted away for an import permit about a month ago & got it in the post 3 days later so I won't be using the online service next time.

Kyro send them an email or call them.. It's a new system there may be a few bugs they haven't worked out yet.

Don't dismiss something that is new, if that was the case we'd still be on dialup.

I feel bad now so will let you all know I called them & spoke to a really lovely bloke that had the issue sorted for me in minutes, as Gillsy mentioned they are having a few dramas but they will get the new system sorted over the next few days. Sorry if I put any one off using the online applications:(

Did you speak with a guy named Allan Mclean, he's been very helpful.. and so are most of the people there.

They only have a few on licensing, so be patient.... If anything is delayed, a quick email or phone call is always worth it and they normally sort it straight away for you.

Kyro don't feel bad, but more people that go online the more they'll find it's worth investing a little bit more into it to make it a 'live' system. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the guy that rejected my class 2 application :(.
There are always bugs in new systems but I think they should have been worked out when people like Colin were asked to be the guinea pigs before it was open for the rest of us. Has anyone contacted them about the electronic books by any chance? If not I will do it today. I'd just like to know if the system is definitely going to be up by April or if it isn't will we be given leniency with sending our books in late due to waiting for it to come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back