A bite pic with abit of a difference

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one already.

How long are they current for?? 3 years ago I was freeing a 5 foot crock that grabbed my fishing lure and it niped me through the fingers. I got a tetanus shot then.

My ratties are all very well behaved now :)

The over protectiveness seems to have been deleted, all the same I never ever trust the buggas.

Worst rat bite for me was right through the base of the finger nail, I could see the bleeding hole in the other side of my finger but not until a week after did I realise there was a hole through my finger nail as well.

Sh...i...t that really hurt for weeks...lost the nail after a while too.

How long are they current for?? 3 years ago I was freeing a 5 foot crock that grabbed my fishing lure and it niped me through the fingers. I got a tetanus shot then.
I think it's something like 5 or 8 years but you should double check to see if you need a top up because of the bite

ten years generally, though its recommended that for really dirty wounds you should get another one, i think you'll be fine in this case no point getting a needle for nothing, especially if you're anything like me and bail at the sight of them..

Rats are nasty! Apart from croc and scrubby bites my lonely rat bite scar is the biggest. I wear gardening gloves if handling females with litters.

My ratties are all very well behaved now :)

The over protectiveness seems to have been deleted, all the same I never ever trust the buggas.

Worst rat bite for me was right through the base of the finger nail, I could see the bleeding hole in the other side of my finger but not until a week after did I realise there was a hole through my finger nail as well.

Sh...i...t that really hurt for weeks...lost the nail after a while too.

That would have hurt all right

Thanks all for the tetanus advice....you can see how they can do damage to a snake in a short time, I never live feed, and this is another cracker reason for me not to ever do it.

I've had 16 before...How many do you get Akwendi?
lol trying to give her away already Guzzo?

None..at the moment!..I just thought by the number of young she had that I just figured she was a Wistar.
I'm looking into getting my own rat colony...but geez..who would have thought it was fraught with such peril!?!

Hey.....It does have the evil eyes!! It has now taken to charging the gate......I think my girly scream and the taste of human blood has empowered it........When its babies are half grown and before they turn man eater too I will kill them and put them in the freezer.....and then she will be the next feed for Thomas (my male Darwin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back