heat matt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dale1988

Reaction score
hi guys i am new to reptiles i am keeping a woma python and i have it on a heat matt connected to a thermostat but im just wondering i have the thermostat set to 32 and i live in the brisbane are now the room he lives in is hotter than this so for the last few days the heat matt has not even come on so is this a bad thing should i unplug thermo and let it get a little hotter or something like that am a little worried that he wont be able to digest food properly if hes not getting the heat he needs

any and all advice welcome thanks

Hey mate you should leave a window in the room your in open to try to let it get cooler if its getting TOO hot, and how hot is it getting in there?
but yer as long as there is heat he should be fine just dont let him cook:p and leave it all plugged in it should be coming on at night mine do and im on the goldcoast...

im actually in ipswich and that is with all the windows open lol im not sure if it is coming on at night and thats why i made the thread cos i am getting very worried i dont want them to cook

im not sure of the temperature in the room but even bumping the thermostat up to 35 and it still isnt kicking in ill get a thermometre and get a room temperature all i know is its very hot lol

kk ill turn it back down to 30 cheers also ill keep a eye on it tonight but its hard as the room does not cool down till like sometimes 2 am the walls downstairs are made of brick so it keeps the heat in the room for hours on end

do you have thermometers at both ends to check hot and cold temps, i would be less worried about the heat mat not coming on and more worried about the snake not having somewhere to escape the heat..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back