murray darling carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
please post pics of your murrays so i can show my parents also ad what you think of the murrays as a pet as in your personal opinion.

I got my Murray in October 2009. He's 2 years old now and is my favourite snake. Murrays tend to be very placid, but of course there are sometimes exceptions. He's happy to drink out of a glass of water when its offered to him, and he's always the snake I show to people who are unsure of snakes. Here's some pics of him:

Attachments

• Hansom2.jpg
    Hansom2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Hansom.jpg
    Hansom.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Prince bath 2.jpg
    Prince bath 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 212
  • Prince's water!.jpg
    Prince's water!.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 290
  • Prince Feeding 16.jpg
    Prince Feeding 16.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Prince Feeding 14.jpg
    Prince Feeding 14.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 219
  • Prince 40.jpg
    Prince 40.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Prince 24.jpg
    Prince 24.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Prince 10.jpg
    Prince 10.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 180
  • Prince Cute.jpg
    Prince Cute.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Prince Tattoo Shot.jpg
    Prince Tattoo Shot.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 155
thanks for the reply exactly what i was hoping for.also its a great snake you got there hope i can get one how much did he cost you.

Hi tyson,
my partner and i have 3 murray darlings, two girls one boy, one of the girls my partner has said since she was a baby, and she has never been a problem,she is now 5 and a bit years old) and the other two we got as a pair a few months ago, they are also 5years old, and they are very placid, and friendly snakes (as said already bytahlia there are exceptions, but that is with every snake) , we have never had a problem with any of them, they are all excellent during feeding time. these are them below. the first 3 are of nahla, the net 3 are of boy and the last 3 are of lil miss and then lil miss, my partner and one of friends daughters.
nahla.jpgnahla2.jpgnahla3.jpgboy3.jpg

boy2.jpglil miss 2.jpglil miss.jpglil miss3.jpglil miss, todd and amy.jpg
pencil.png

thanks for the reply love the snakes hope to get one soon.

He cost me $320 from Victorian Reptiles.You can get them cheaper from breeders, herp trader is a good place to look: herptrader.com.au

I love my MD, Maverick.
He is clearly the best python I own out of all 7 of them.
Has never been defensive or bitten, and is the best handler I have...just so easy going.
Good luck with your choice, but I believe the Murray Darling is the best medium size snake you can own.
maverick-190444
MD.jpg

This is Miranda

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-07 at 1.14.51 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-07 at 1.14.51 PM.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 162
Top snakes, usually very pacid and well suited to beginners, i would be cautious about paying more than $100 unless its gold plated. I ended up getting a few this season, i guess it happens when you keep a male and female together...

Most of them arnt that colourful but the still look nice especially after a shed. Good size to be fed on rats without the danger of a large python. Some types have lots of red too.

Love that first shot hrafna, what a little cutie!

Great choice for a first snake. Planning on more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back