UFO sightings & enthusiasts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seen one a year or so ago.. at dawn. My partner could see a reflection in the pool when in the kitchen.. went outside and up in the sky was two glowing balls... very high altitude.. called me out of bed.. so I had a look.. and yep it was really weird.. it kind of had a shimmering veil under it? Best way to describe it.. going from the distance it looked like it could have been in the upper atmosphere / space... It would disappear.. and then re-appear at the other end of the sky/horizon. (ie massive distance travelled instantly)
anyway the strange thing is I went to get a camera to take photos... Nikon D300.. and it wouldn't turn on! replaced batteries, memory cards.. nothing would get it to work. Grabbed a video camera.. same thing.. then a point and shoot camera.. same deal. Then it disappeared. After is disappeared the cameras started working again!

YouTube - UFO mainstream media coverage MASS SIGHTINGS taking place
first one that are simply multistage rockets miss-firing or loosing control, Russia, Norway 2009 and China 2010. They look very cool and have a cool explanation too.
but the one over Jerusalem is freaky or maybe its
iron_man_the_game_1.jpg

I'm not saying humans are or aren't, (im unsure why you even said that).
Well what are you saying, that there could have been no higher intelligence than us thousands of years ago. I will say, I thought some of the theories were grasping at straws and the guy that couldn't say extraterrestrial properly really annoyed me, but some of the theories it put forward were thought provoking.

Sorry, but if you think humans are the highest intelligence in the universe that is totally irrational.
He never mentioned that he thinks humans are the highest intelligence in the universe. He said there is no evidence that aliens have visited Earth not that they don't exist. As Dawkins put it, if there are a billion billion planets in the universe (a conservative estimate) and there is a one in a billion chance that any of them support life then it follows that we could expect a billion of them to contain life. However, the chances of them having the technology to create a means of travel that would allow them to even find us, let alone come and visit seems a little absurd. The fact that there is exactly no evidence proving that they ever has goes to reinforce this point

PS I haven't seen this "documentary" so can't comment on the validity on any of the points brought up in it

I'm not saying humans are or aren't, (im unsure why you even said that).

But you seriously think we're the only ones around? :lol: I really don't get it.

Even on Earth we haven't found every single species (not even close)...so what makes you so sure we've got the light-years of universe out there covered? No way in hell ;)

Don't you also love the way I use fictional places like "Hell" as some sort of reference, I might start saying "no way in Valhalla!" :D

alot of good opinions on here!!! Keep em coming. Im sure we can keep this a civil conversation :D
Some researchers think that many intelligent human civilisations have developed and died over10's of thousands of years.

It is interesting to think what our world rulers are keeping from us.
If aliens were not friendly we would be dead, If they were trying to help us why wouldn;t they just drop and help us. I think the rulers of the world tell us what we need to hear or want to hear. They release a little bit of info and tech to the people but keep the secret stuff that could dramatically change the world for good to themselves. Same thing as non oil based fuel source. There has been a full on power sourced ready and tested since the 50's but we are denied the technology so the world runners can make money off us.

Also from things i have read and watched people seem to state that there are many types of aliens not just the "greys" as we would think

Is this where we all don our foil hats and drink the Kool-Aid?
Sorry Grog I couldn't help myself. So do you think that SETI have probably found proof of intelligent life and are just keeping it from the world?

No mate Seti is privately funded and is rather small compared to operations and organisations that I was talking about. They are all about awareness and delivering the truth to the people. THats why they started in the first place. THey have even stated that they have searched only the smallest bit in the grand scale of things.

Of course. It would take a hell of a lot of money (unnecessary?) to cover any reasonable area of the universe.
Also don't forget that, even travelling at the speed of light, it would take millions of years to reach anything interesting. So these aliens not only would have to be advanced enough to create flying spaceships capable of travelling across the universe, they also would have had to have done it millions of years ago for people to be seeing them now...

Of course. It would take a hell of a lot of money (unnecessary?) to cover any reasonable area of the universe.
Also don't forget that, even travelling at the speed of light, it would take millions of years to reach anything interesting. So these aliens not only would have to be advanced enough to create flying spaceships capable of travelling across the universe, they also would have had to have done it millions of years ago for people to be seeing them now...

They might very well be dumber than us and haven't discovered the wheel yet :lol:

This is a good point mate. Yes alot of unncessary money has been put into seti and other space programs such as nasa. Universe is so vast that we really can't comprehend it. Therefore searching for aliens or ufo's seems to be a waste. It is incredible to think what their ships must be capable of doing especially back all that time ago. Their study of time and technology would look like 2x2=13 to us. We are still operating on rules and theories based from quite a while ago. I'm sure many have been silenced along the way to keep this situation under control

Haha exactly Moose. They may still even be at the bacterial stage or (more likely) have just evolved into something entirely different that has no need for technology and therefore no ability to create space ships.
Grog, 2x2=4 no matter what planet you come from. I agree that we are operating on practices and concepts from years ago because they are the best we have to work with. We have grown and will continue to grow at an exponential rate in our knowledge and understanding of the universe and its laws but there are some things that are absolute. I think I see your point though. As Arthur C. Clarke put it - "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

I can agree with that Saximus.
I just personally feel that if the governments of the world opened up on the subject we could advance even faster in relation to science, universe study, health etc

If these things do exist/occur on a regular basis and it is the government covering it all up what do they have to gain by doing so?

By the way sorry if I've driven this in a different direction from what you were hoping. I can shut up if you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back