UFO sightings & enthusiasts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
money and control. I don't want to get too far off the topic but the government rulers keep all the info and they tell the media what to tell us. We believe it coz we don't know any better. This way we don't speak up or cause any problems, we just abide by what we think is real.

You can't be serious?

If we think we're the only ones in existence in the vast and unfathomable universes then we truly not in touch with reality. It's only a matter of time before one finds the other. We're truly limited by our reach (eg satellites, unmanned crafts and basically just our morality).

The funny thing I find is that many people from Christian "faiths" can't come to accept this, but will gladly jump on some wild story about a bloke coming back from the dead :lol:

Hang on a second... Are you saying you're so closed minded that there actually HAS to be life out there... an open minded person would suggest there is NO life anywhere else out there - despite probability - after all only a narrow minded person would dispute the fact that there may actually be NO other life elsewhere.

Open your mind Moose... don't fall into the category of 'we're so insignificant that there has to be something else out there to make our lives worthwhile' - it's almost as good as trying to believe in something created us!!!

Never-the-less - a UFO is only a UFO until it is identified.

I believe I saw a UFO - however - I am not suggesting it was alien - it was merely unidentified - I was also very young at the time - though my older brother and two others saw it as well, but I can't be sure what it was - all I can say was it was night, it was late, and I saw an object float between 'stars'.

I also once saw five pointed stars 'winking' at me at a similar age - though I did have a serious fever at the time!

The stories I generally hear mirror everything here - "stars" moving quickly and erratically, balls of orange light and so on. Personally I think a lot of this can be explained climatically. Light affects matter and can be affected by matter; I imagine, in at least some cases, that air currents and other compounds in the air could affect what we see above us, in a similar way to mirages etc.
I do, however, believe that there is no logic behind the Idea that the Earth's capacity for life is singular. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, each containing many billions of stars and therefore planets. The currently accepted Big Bang Theory puts the universe at around 13.7 Ga (billion years old or Giga annum) and earth at around 4 Ga so, even if it took 9 billion years for the universe's energy to be low enough to facilitate life there is no way we're alone in a dimension of such massive proportions, in respect to time, space, matter and energy.
Even Creationists are in my opinion kidding themselves - to think that God would create such a massive masterpiece, only to populate one miniscule rock with us!

Last edited:
Hang on a second... Are you saying you're so closed minded that there actually HAS to be life out there... an open minded person would suggest there is NO life anywhere else out there - despite probability - after all only a narrow minded person would dispute the fact that there may actually be NO other life elsewhere.

Open your mind Moose... don't fall into the category of 'we're so insignificant that there has to be something else out there to make our lives worthwhile' - it's almost as good as trying to believe in something created us!!!

Never-the-less - a UFO is only a UFO until it is identified.

I believe I saw a UFO - however - I am not suggesting it was alien - it was merely unidentified - I was also very young at the time - though my older brother and two others saw it as well, but I can't be sure what it was - all I can say was it was night, it was late, and I saw an object float between 'stars'.

I also once saw five pointed stars 'winking' at me at a similar age - though I did have a serious fever at the time!

I'm totally confused now :lol:

I gather you're trying to jerk my gherkin :)

Why would an open minded person say that?

The stories I generally hear mirror everything here - "stars" moving quickly and erratically, balls of orange light and so on. Personally I think a lot of this can be explained climatically. Light affects matter and can be affected by matter; I imagine, in at least some cases, that air currents and other compounds in the air could affect what we see above us, in a similar way to mirages etc.
I do, however, believe that there is no logic behind the Idea that the Earth's capacity for life is singular. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, each containing many billions of stars and therefore planets. The currently accepted Big Bang Theory puts the universe at around 13.7 Ga (billion years old or Giga annum) and earth at around 4 Ga so, even if it took 9 billion years for the universe's energy to be low enough to facilitate life there is no way we're alone in a dimension of such massive proportions, in respect to time, space, matter and energy.
Even Creationists are in my opinion kidding themselves - to think that God would create such a massive masterpiece, only to populate one miniscule rock with us!

well there is meant to be approx 1 billion galaxies with approx 1 billion stars in each one. Each star can contain its own planets and moons.

ive scene a orange ball about 50m circle floating above my house, it was bright orange and glowing and hovering above my house about 100-300mtrs up then out of no where...it vanished?

That was probably not a UFO but a phenomenon called ball lightning. Ball lightning is a proposed atmospheric electrical phenomenon of which little is known. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several metres in diameter. It is usually associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. Many of the early reports say that the ball eventually explodes, sometimes with fatal consequences, leaving behind the odor of sulfur. There are records of free-floating glowing balls that occur in total absence of thunderclouds. This occurs commonly in the valley of Hessdalen, Norway. One recent theory suggests that these light balls (Hessdalen Lights) are produced by the ionization of air and dust by alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere.
Laboratory experiments have produced effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but it is presently unknown whether these are actually related to any naturally occurring phenomenon. Scientific data on natural ball lightning are scarce owing to its infrequency and unpredictability. The presumption of its existence is based on reported public sightings, and has therefore produced somewhat inconsistent findings. Given inconsistencies and the lack of reliable data, the true nature of ball lightning is still unknown. Until recently, ball lightning was often regarded as a fantasy or a hoax, but some serious scientific discussions and theories have attempted to explain it./I]

I believe that there are intelligent life forms out there. Think about it. There are 9 planets in our solar system (lets just include pluto for the sake of this) not to mention many moons, asteroids and dwarf planets. There are billions upon billions of solar systems in our galaxy, and there are over 3000 Galaxies that we've been able to see from here, but there are without a doubt many more. All in all I'm sure that there is a planet with intelligent life out there somewhere!
As for regular life on planets, its already been proven. Fossils of small worm like creatures have been found in meteorites.

But you seriously think we're the only ones around? :lol: I really don't get it.

I didn't say anything about this.

Even on Earth we haven't found every single species (not even close)...so what makes you so sure we've got the light-years of universe out there covered? No way in hell ;)

Or this.

I'm just saying there is zero evidence, for aliens visiting us..

If the best people can do (not you moose) is to say the reason there is no evidence is because of some international conspiracy to hide all the evidence.. the whole thing becomes "faith based" belief in something where a complete lack of evidence exists to support it.

'There is as much evidence to support a belief in unicorns ;)
If anyone asks me for evidence.. ill promptly inform them the government is with holding it all haha.

well there is meant to be approx 1 billion galaxies with approx 1 billion stars in each one. Each star can contain its own planets and moons.

Depends where you look, what I said is as I've been taught by a professor of astronomy and geology at JCU but as he says there's an almost constant change of knowledge and possibly even a paradigm shift in the field at present, because there's really no way to be sure. Things that occur outside the lifespan of a person, or even a thousand lifespans, are hard to calculate.

That wasn't exactly the crux of my post by the way...

Last edited:
That's fair enough Australis, I must have just misinterpreted what you wrote. I'm not suggesting we've had a genuine visit from an inter-planetary worm in the past either...but I wouldn't be totally skeptical to the possibility of it happening at some stage in the future. There has been some pretty good fakes around the place.

The one thing about disclosing the possibility of life on other planets is it defies the basic principal and foundation of religion. To provide actual rock-solid proof could be extremely destructive to the balance of things....I mean there are a lot of wars out there being hard fought at the moment because someone got a better divine message than the other person :lol:

What I find is a little amusing is the American law that actually states you can be imprisoned and fined if you fiddle with an alien or their belongings :D The Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law - NASA (Title 14, Section 1211 of the CFF)

Personally, I thought the fine was far more than 1year or a $5000 fine - I'd be definitely going up for an autograph at that price! ;)

Why would an open minded person say that?

Because an open minded person is willing to challenge convention so that we can open the way for alternative ways of thinking - therefore if the common way of thinking is 'there's life out there' then the alternate should justifiably be - there's no life out there... other than here... So you'd actually have to have an 'open mind' to believe this - that is why an open minded person would say this.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to watch the X-Files.

Because an open minded person is willing to challenge convention so that we can open the way for alternative ways of thinking - therefore if the common way of thinking is 'there's life out there' then the alternate should justifiably be - there's no life out there... other than here... So you'd actually have to have an 'open mind' to believe this - that is why an open minded person would say this.

No no you don't Slim, not that easy to run off to the DVD player! :lol: ......that's called being extremely irrational, pig-headed and completely shutting the door on being open-minded. If you are totally close minded you'll believe we're the be-all and end-all. Quite possibly the same bunch out there who are out there squealing that man has single-handedly caused the change in the Earth's climate :lol:

I realise that, I just don't think that the "life is out there" idea is the common way of thinking, I hear a lot more of the other way around - and I don't get what's wrong with either of those being one's opinion. Whether it's the accepted idea or not doesn't matter to the individual. Enjoy your show, I'm gonna stick to Scrubs for tonight =)

I had bigfoot walk thru my backyard today, i yelled at him
get out of here and get a haircut you big oath

If the best people can do (not you moose) is to say the reason there is no evidence is because of some international conspiracy to hide all the evidence.. the whole thing becomes "faith based" belief in something where a complete lack of evidence exists to support it.

'There is as much evidence to support a belief in unicorns ;)
If anyone asks me for evidence.. ill promptly inform them the government is with holding it all haha.[/QUOTE]

There is evidence everywhere regarding aliens. Just gotta open your eyes and ears. We are not saying all info is held back. Some of it is put out there but the main stuff is definately held back. If you can't realise this than you are falling right into place for them. Have you done any proper research on this?

also the vatican has stated that a belief in aliens does not go against an belief in god. If they can say this then there must be some crazy stuff hidden in the vatican vaults.

Last edited:
No no you don't Slim, not that easy to run off to the DVD player! :lol: ......that's called being extremely irrational, pig-headed and completely shutting the door on being open-minded. If you are totally close minded you'll believe we're the be-all and end-all. Quite possibly the same bunch out there who are out there squealing that man has single-handedly caused the change in the Earth's climate :lol:

Now now Moosey woosey... Don't get your panties all twisted up in a knot - it makes them hard to wash...

So - I watched the X-Files pilot show... I can't say there was any proof there.

As for me being pig headed and irrational - that's exactly what an Aires would say...

I don't believe we're the be-all and end-all... and I also believe cows added to climate change - significantly :)

But I don't have to believe life exists on other planets - do I?

Does that make me narrow minded if that is the case???

Maybe I believe life in other planes... or branes... who knows.... do you?? So - that makes me open minded :)

A few years ago I saw a cloud-white object flying throughout the sky... with a 'jetstream' behind it, like the ones you see in jet planes. It moved differently to the clouds... this was in a rural town in Melbourne, of which the name was 'Yacadanda' or something...

There is evidence everywhere regarding aliens. Just gotta open your eyes and ears. We are not saying all info is held back. Some of it is put out there but the main stuff is definately held back. If you can't realise this than you are falling right into place for them. Have you done any proper research on this?.

Please show me some (any) evidence.

also the vatican has stated that a belief in aliens does not go against an belief in god. If they can say this then there must be some crazy stuff hidden in the vatican vaults.

I find your conclusion that a Vatican statement saying belief in Aliens (an unproven entity) doesn't go against a belief in god (another unproven entity) is tantamount to the Vatican hiding evidence in their vaults a pretty big leap.
The "Vatican" has also stated on more than one occasion that they concede the reality of evolution as fact. However i don't see this as evidence they (the Vatican) have evolution related evidence hidden away in vaults ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back